CDRW Drive Recommendations

Looking for a good quality burner, 12x or higher, recommendations anyone? Had two aopens, sent both back!

Lite-On for Budget, Acer performs well too.
Plextor if you want the best.

For more info you can use the search in the upper right corner…

I emailed QPS and thet said the drives that have a serial number begining with “W” is a repackaged Plextor drive.

They say it’s the Plextor Technologie but I know people who own drives like that and have probs sometimes with it and my Plex1210a hasn’t made a bad copy so far! :stuck_out_tongue:
Not that those drives aren’t any good, but if you want to be sure, you buy a Plex! :wink:

But is it the drive causing your friends problems or is it their whole system? Your burner will only work as good as your system.

Originally posted by arumi
But is it the drive causing your friends problems or is it their whole system? Your burner will only work as good as your system.

I’m not saying that every Lite-On for example will function the same in every sys. But I think a Plextor will work correctly in more systems then a Lite-On will. Don’t think I won’t get a Lite-On to work in my sys but that’s another issue.
That friend of mine had almost the same config as I did so I think it’s more the Lite-On that would not adjust to his sys, something (I think) a Plextor will do better. :cool:

I’m using a LiteOn 24102B.

Asus A7V133
AMD CPU
LiteOn 24102B Writer
LG 52X Reader
384Ram
WD ATA100
Win2k Pro

Haven’t had any problems with it so far.
Only had problems with LG Drive not liking Ultra DMA mode.

Clone CD 3.1.1.0
Nero 5.5.5.1