CDRs that are freea after rebate?

Hey, does anybody know a current deal … if best buy or staples are offering a deal for 50 pack or 100 pack 700 MB CDRs that are free after you get your rebate? The last one that I got wre the Philips 100 pack 700MB with the red curve. they turned out to be perfect, no errors with them. So now i need a new pack. If you seen a sale == please, post it here !

:bow: :bigsmile:

I thought I saw something at Microcenter, where they were selling K-hypermedia 40x 80min 50pk CD-Rs at 15 dollars. After the instant and mail-in rebate, it turns out to be free. I only went for the instant, which got it to about 7 bux. Their ATIP say they are CMC, and they burn perfectly at 48x.

Originally posted by dfourthhorseman
I thought I saw something at Microcenter, where they were selling K-hypermedia 40x 80min 50pk CD-Rs at 15 dollars. After the instant and mail-in rebate, it turns out to be free. I only went for the instant, which got it to about 7 bux. Their ATIP say they are CMC, and they burn perfectly at 48x.

Watch out with those. I haven’t tried the 40x yet, but found very inconsistent quality (on the same spindle) with the 32x. Some burned fine, some had a large number of unreadable sectors. So be sure you have some reliable media available in case you get part way through the spindle and run into bad discs.

I don’t understand how a store can be so stupid as to accept multiple rebates. So they give away CD-Rs… Kinda bad business if you ask me :slight_smile:

might be bad business but i’m waiting for those mail in rebates to come to sweden :bigsmile:

@dentman42

Yeah, I was afraid of that so I was like testing every other burnt media with CD Speed, and though they all were burnt at 48x, they still are right now ALL ERROR FREE! :bigsmile:

@Airhead

As long as dey got enough money to have a roof over the store so the stuff don’t get wet, I’m happy. :slight_smile:

I had some of those Phillips (CMC) discs, and they did burn fairly well, however I had 6-10 of them fail, during the burn, out of a 100ct spindle. I’d rather pay for my CDR’s and have them all work.

Originally posted by Airhead
I don’t understand how a store can be so stupid as to accept multiple rebates. So they give away CD-Rs… Kinda bad business if you ask me :slight_smile:

They call it a “loss leader”. Gets you in the door, they get a good deal from the vendor and don’t lose too much, and the hope is that while you’re they’re you’ll buy other stuff too. I’m still waiting on one of the rebates from my 100 pack spindle, but with what I already got they were probably worth it. I’ve been using CMCs for stuff like CDs to take in the car, to give to friends/co-workers, etc. (basically disposable media).

Originally posted by KurtCocain
[B]Hey, does anybody know a current deal … if best buy or staples are offering a deal for 50 pack or 100 pack 700 MB CDRs that are free after you get your rebate? The last one that I got wre the Philips 100 pack 700MB with the red curve. they turned out to be perfect, no errors with them. So now i need a new pack. If you seen a sale == please, post it here !

:bow: :bigsmile: [/B]

Philips discs are always CMC Magnetics. People dis CMC for no reason these days I reckon.:confused:

@dentman42

Those rebates usually take like 7-8 weeks to come, so even if they seem really late they usually still come.

…unless there are people who steal your mail.