Cdrom wont burn cds

my cd dvd rom will not burn cds it says that i need to see if its damaged or try a different brand of cds or slow the recording speed i tried all that i dont know how to see if my burner even works can anyone help thanks

Welcome to CD Freaks :wink:

We have removed the duplicate thread from the Forum Talk as that forum section is for discussions about forum related issues (such as issues posting, searching, etc.) and also that cross-posting (posting the same thing two or more times) is not allowed on this forum. This thread has also been moved to the Optical Drive forum as the Home Entertainment forum is intended for set-top boxes like those that go under your TV, speaker systems, game consoles and so on.

To help someone answer your question or give advice, could you give some further details about what you are using, your hardware and so on? For example, we don’t know what brand or model of CD writer you are using, what software you have been trying to write with, what type of content you have been trying to write (Audio CD, data, etc.).

im using a sony dvd-rom ddu1615 sorry bout that im kinda new to this

That just reads, doesn’t burn.