Cdrom issue

Hello,
I have the LG GSA-4120B drive. when i was using the computer it suddenly stopped reading cd’s…
i tried

1. any type of media (CD,DVD,CDR,DVDR,CDRW,DVDRW) …
  2. i replaced the IDE cable .
  3. switched the ide slot.

I also tried another cdrom drive which by the why cant read media’s too…
is it a problem in my mother-board ?
how can i check it ?

Please help … :sad:

Sounds like a software/driver issue.

Start by going in Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager, and uninstall both the Primary and Secondary IDE’s. Then reboot your PC and let windows autodetect the drivers. If that doesn’t fix it, you need to figure out what changed to cause this problem. New software, new codecs, something was installed or updated.

I allready removed the IDE’s and restarted the computer , i also removed Daemon tools and VMware which i know that mess around with the cdrom. i tried 3 cdrom drives and still none of them cant read the cdroms…
i also installed a new firmware to the cdrom (LG GSA) and downloaded new drivers …
can it be a problem in the motherboard?

I have Conected a drive which is not a burner.
i noticed that my compuer just cant recognize cd-burners …
when i connected a dvd drive it workes fine , i tried 3 diffrent burners and it cant get them to work …
any ideas ??

They have to be correctly connected and jumpered, and the used dvd capable burning software must support them too.
Burdled versions like those from Nero only work with the one and only drive they came with…