CDR won't play in Jeep

vbimport

I don't know who might have the answer to this but here it goes. I have a '99 Jeep Wrangler sport that i just bought. It came with a stock CD player. It is a nice setup, but it doesn't like to play burned CDS. I have been burning for a long time and I can't figure out the problem.

I tried a CD burned at 16x, no dice, just spun.

I tried a CD at 4x and it read ALMOST all the tracks with some delay on the seek.

I tried a CD burned at 2x, it will read the whole CD flawlessly, only if I let it play through each track, if I try to skip ahead, I have a HUGE seek time sometimes taking more than 30 seconds to find the beginning of the track and sometimes it just skips ahead like normal.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to beat this or I am just screwed and need to get a new deck??

Thanks so much for any help.

Tony:( :confused: :frowning: :confused: :confused: :frowning: :confused: :frowning: :confused: :frowning:

As always said in these cases, it is often a combination of lower writing speeds and higher quality media.

Never had problems with Philips Silver Premium, but often had probs using cheaper media.

Standard (car) audio players have far more crappier laser/lenses than computer cdvd players/recorders. But there are some that are good (usually the manufacturer promotes with it that it can read cd-r/rw as well)

In this case your car cd player can’t (old model ?) read them.
As taxman already said , you need ultra high quality cd-recordables (stable groove) and very low speed of writing (largest groove).