CDR Media

Hi Everyone,

Am wondering if anyone can advise me on the following.

I have a Lite-On LTR 52327S (52x32x52) CD-ReWriter and have my eye on either Ridata Ritek Branded 80 minute 48x CDRs (made in Taiwan) or Taiyo Yuden Unbranded 80 minute 48x CDRs.

Would anyone be kind enough to share their opinions/experience with these media and whether or not they are recommended for my particular drive?

Are green/blue/gold undersides of CDRs any better than just plain no coloured ones?

Thanks very much.

Either one will perform flawlessly in the 7S drive, and will do so at 52x. The TY is always the safest choice for quality control and longevity.

Originally posted by A-Traveller

I have a Lite-On LTR 52327S (52x32x52) CD-ReWriter and have my eye on either Ridata Ritek Branded 80 minute 48x CDRs (made in Taiwan) or Taiyo Yuden Unbranded 80 minute 48x CDRs.

Both are great media for me, but TY is the King ! …while RiTEK is the prince, lol. :wink:

All in all, check the [COLOR=blue]CD-RW Media Tests [/COLOR]

Thanks for the advice.

Could anyone recommend at which speed burning onto the Riteks with my LTR 52327S is more likely to produce the best results? I don’t mind burning at slow speeds if it means an increase in quality or decrease in errors, etc.

(I don’t like the idea of wasting discs trying out different speeds to see which one is best. Besides, even if I did try out a few different speeds, how would I find out which one was best?)

[B]Thanks for the advice.

Could anyone recommend at which speed burning onto the Riteks with my LTR 52327S is more likely to produce the best results? I don’t mind burning at slow speeds if it means an increase in quality or decrease in errors, etc.

(I don’t like the idea of wasting discs trying out different speeds to see which one is best. Besides, even if I did try out a few different speeds, how would I find out which one was best?) [/B]

Any speed you like. Results are much the same at all speeds.

Thanks again for the good advice.

In the media FAQs which were pointed out, I found the following:

‘Your drive uses a database of media ATIP codes to determine what is the best speed for the disc. Updating your firmware is one way to be sure the drive has the latest information about media.’

So how do ‘I’ know which speed the drive has determined to be the best?

I’ve just gone and bought a truck load of 80 mins CDRs. Any words of comfort regarding the following!!!..

‘Some audio players will not track anything past 74 min, so be sure to limit your recordings to 74 min. Some players will not accept 80min CDR’s, even with only 74 min burned on them. So as another last resort, try some 74min (650MB) discs if you can find them.’

Well I don’t know why they don’t like to make these anymore seeing that people will want to play their CDRs in old audio players!!!

Well I don’t know why they don’t like to make these anymore seeing that people will want to play their CDRs in old audio players!!!
'coz they want ppl to have their old habits/players etc changed, lol.

I burn all my RiTEK 48x discs flawlessly on my LTR-52327S at 40x CAV with stunning results! :slight_smile:

Thanks TV,

I think the most suggested speed for my combination of drive and media seems to be 40x or 48x, so I’ll try it and see how it goes.

By the way, here is an image of the discs I am referring to:

http://www.digitalpromo.co.uk/images/RidataCDR_exp.JPG

I like to burn CD-Rs at 40x for optimum results. But hat is just the speed that works well for me (and should be just as good for others).