CDR Identifer vs CD-R Atip Reader vs CDRinfo

Hi All,

Which is the better program?

Or is there a better program out there?

If you have a liteOn drive, get the SmartBurn media checker from LiteOn. here

Originally posted by rdgrimes
If you have a liteOn drive, get the SmartBurn media checker from LiteOn. here

Yes! I started useing it yesterday.
The thing is I get an error message at first.
I have to click it three times, then I can see the media type.
No Graph!

I don’t have the forced atip drivers install.
CDR Identifier will not work without them.

John

I have CDR Identifier, v1.63, working with nothing but the Nero ASPI installed.

That’s Weird.
Hve you run ASPICK.exe?
Does it show all is well?
It will not work on 2 of my computers.

I don’t want to have to install the Force drivers.:confused:

Update!;

I just updated Nero. Now the Graph works find, but the CDR Identifier and smartburn.exe still have problems!!:confused:

Do you have a file called aspienum.vxd in your computer?

Most don’t, and thats why many ATIP readers will not work.
Nero’s CDspeed works just fine, and Liteon’s smartburn.exe will work after clicking the x three times.

I have spoken to Liteons tech and they told me they know of the problem and are working on it.:frowning:

Please do a search on your computer and see it you have that file.

Thanks,

thats a virtual driver, if my file extensions serve me properly. ill do a more thorough search on what exactly it is when im not getting ready to go to class later :wink:

Do you have a file called aspienum.vxd in your computer

nope.

nope.

Then I don’t get it!!!:confused:

I have tried the programs on two different computers with the same results.

What other CD Rom burning tools do you have on your computer?

I have Nero, EZCD and CloneCD.

Thanks

Win2000, nothing but Nero. Never had any problems with CDRIdentifier, SmartBurn Media Checker. Although SB will not run if you have any other CDRW application open at the time.

Win2000, nothing but Nero. Never had any problems with CDRIdentifier, SmartBurn Media Checker. Although SB will not run if you have any other CDRW application open at the time.

Someone said that Windows Media Player can cause problems.
I’ve always had problems with WMP.:a

WMP 7.01, but i never use it.

nope.

Are you running Windows 98???..

I found this on Feurio site.
You don’t need ASPI drivers on NT/2000

For Windows 95/98/Me: ASPI-Driver
The ASPI-driver you can get from the vendor of your SCSI-hostadapter. Either you will find it on your
driver disc or on the Website of the vendor of your hostadapter. Look at the Link-Page! Windows 95 includes already a simple ASPI-driver, so that normally there’s no need for an extra
ASPI-driver. However, since the included ASPI-driver is relativly old, it is highly recommended to
install a newer driver!
For Windows NT/2000/XP no ASPI-Driver is required

LiteOn’s media checker isn’t working for me anymore, it just displays “unknown” on everything and colors the window red.
CD-R Indentifier 1.63 works, and I only have the Nero ASPI-layer installed (according to Nero InfoTool)…

Anyone know how to proceed?
I read here that WinXP does not need ASPI, and I couldn’t install Adaptec’s ASPI anyhow, it’s in DOS… (I’m to lazy to boot into real-dos ;))

LiteOn’s media checker isn’t working for me anymore

Is your object just to have the SB checker working again? When I get the “red” it’s usually because I’ve selected the wrong drive. Maybe some other software is locking the drive, like DCD or InCD? I know it won’t work if any other program is accessing the drive.
I assume you’ve re-installed the SB checker.

Yep I want to get it working again so I can post CD-Speed results! :slight_smile:
I have tried SB v2.1 and 2.0.
Should I install Adaptec’s 4.7.2 ASPI layer?

Should I install Adaptec’s 4.7.2 ASPI layer?

Your call… but it doesn’t require that to work. At least not here.

Your call… but it doesn’t require that to work. At least not here.

That’s what I don’t get!!!
Every site i see says you MUST have the drivers!!:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by Wiseguy
[B]

Do you have a file called aspienum.vxd in your computer?

Most don’t, and thats why many ATIP readers will not work.
[/B]

ASPIENUM.VXD is a real-mode (DOS) ASPI driver which is intended for Win95 only. ForceASPI will install this file and WNASPI.DLL in any Win98/ME installation, although they are Win95 files and are not required.

The only two Adaptec ASPI drivers needed by Win98/ME are WINASPI32.DLL and APIX.VXD. These driver files, version 4.60 (1021) are installed by ForceASPI and the latest Adaptec ASPI versions.

Wiseguy,

You have not told us what operating system you are using, but I assume it is Win98. If so, you should install ASPI drivers to get many CDR utilities to work properly. You can use ForceASPI 1.7. There is nothing wrong with it and it installs the same drivers (v4.60 (1021)) as the latest Adaptec ASPI drivers. I used ForceASPI on my Win98SE systems and it works perfectly.

Don’t be concerned about some of the threads concerning ForceASPI being installed in WinXP when it is not needed and causing problems. This has nothing to do with Win98. :wink:

Originally posted by Inertia
[B]

The only two Adaptec ASPI drivers needed by Win98/ME are WINASPI32.DLL and APIX.VXD. These driver files, version 4.60 (1021) are installed by ForceASPI and the latest Adaptec ASPI versions.

Wiseguy,

Don’t be concerned about some of the threads concerning ForceASPI being installed in WinXP when it is not needed and causing problems. This has nothing to do with Win98. :wink: [/B]

The Drivers that are installed are;

WNASPI32.dll 1.0.0.0
APIX.VXD 4.00.952
WinASPI.dll 1.00

And yes, I am using Win98SE.
Some good info here.
http://aspi.radified.com/

I have no problems burning. So I don’t want to risk messing anything up.