Cdr for audio

Which kind of cdr’s are best for playing in an old cd player like fifteen years old.

[QUOTE=vernon;1971578]Which kind of cdr’s are best for playing in an old cd player like fifteen years old.[/QUOTE]What have you tried and they worked?

You could try Taiyo Yuden CD-R media. :slight_smile:

Taiyo Yuden cdr’s work perfectly fine on my sony cd player which is between 15 and 20 years old.

Imation CD-R’s have been great for me as well as Maxell CD-R Pro due to the extra thick scratch resistent surface! :bigsmile:

I also am trying to find good cdr blanks for audio. I have two a 2003 ford explorer with its stock cd player and it wont play cds I burn on Ritek blanks at the moment. Can anyone suggest a specific brand/model that they know will most likely pass the test?
thank you.

[QUOTE=kopykat1;1972771]I also am trying to find good cdr blanks for audio. I have two a 2003 ford explorer with its stock cd player [B]and it wont play cds I burn on Ritek blanks[/B] at the moment. Can anyone suggest a specific brand/model that they know will most likely pass the test?
thank you.[/QUOTE]

Crappo Riteks.

Try with TY & Verbatims. :wink:
Burn at 8x or 16x.

any particular Verbatims? or should any of em be sufficient?
Does it help if I burn on slower speeds? … if i burn at x1-2 speed would that be like the best?
thanks.

[QUOTE=kopykat1;1973012]any particular Verbatims? or should any of em be sufficient?
Does it help if I burn on slower speeds? … if i burn at x1-2 speed would that be like the best?
thanks.[/QUOTE]

The problem with Verbatim these days is that most of the CD-Rs sold under that brand nowadays are basically similar to the RiTEK discs that your car CDP has had trouble with: They are all of the varying types of phthalocyanine dyes, made by companies such as RiTEK, CMC Magnetics, Prodisc (all MIT, with a few MIC packages mixed in) and Moser Baer (MII).

so aside from getting even more confused :rolleyes:

would you be able to give me a better direction or recommendation of what blanks I should be looking for specificlly?

thanks.

[QUOTE=kopykat1;1973150]so aside from getting even more confused :rolleyes:

would you be able to give me a better direction or recommendation of what blanks I should be looking for specificlly?

thanks.[/QUOTE]

Which CD writer do you have ( Model Name ) & where are you live ( Location ) ?

Pioneer DVR-111D is my cd writer.
I live in the states - Philadelphia to be exact (east coast).

Check this thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87/cdfreaks-presents-pioneer-dvr-111-review-177698/

There should be some useful info in it. :wink:

Try TY discs. You should be able to get those from rima.
Also try 8 or 16x burning. Anything slower is not recommended unless you have a 16x or older CD-R drive.

So far I understood I should try either Verbatrim or TY. I also understood that not all CDrs branded with these names are acctually the real thing. So can someone please tell me where I can find a spindle of “real” Verbatrim or TY cds so I don’t blow my money on coasters.
I apologize for being a nag. :sad:

you can find TY CD media may not easy to find
K-Mart Fuji Brand CD-R 50pack ( Made in Japan )
Wal Mart & Sams Club Maxell CD-R Media ( Data & Audio MIJ )
Walgreen store Sony Music CD-R 30Pack ( MIJ )
Staple Sony Music CD-R 30Pack ( MIJ )
Make sure check Made in Japan

Suggested high-quality CD-R media:

Verbatim CD-R “Made in Japan” (will me made by Taiyo Yuden).
Verbatim AZO CD-R (previously known as Super AZO).
Maxel CD-R Pro “Made in Japan” (will me made by Taiyo Yuden and has extra scratch protection on top layer).
Plextor CD-R (no longer made, but will be made by Taiyo Yuden and has extra scratch protection on top layer).
Unbranded Taiyo Yuden CD-R (only available from online shops such as e.g. Rima in the US and SVP in U.K./Europe).

ok, so I got the 30PK Sony CDR for Audio (MIJ) from Staples for pretty cheap, less than $9 including tax. I tried it on my old Alpine cd player, it took a couple of seconds to initialize but eventually it played and even didn’t get pissed off when I wanted to skip a track. On my other car though, 03’ Ford Explorer, I have the stock cd player and stereo installed. It wasn’t that great over there, it took a while for the cd to start playing, then the music gradually got garbled up until it just stopped playing - very weird $&!#.
I’m gonna guess that this is already a matter of a crappy cd player and not crappy media. correct me if im wrong plz.
Thank you.

At what speed are you burning your CD-Rs?

If you burn too fast, the CD can be harder to read in some players.

With a Pioneer DVR-111 series drive, I would burn at 24x when burning audio. For most other drives I would burn at 16x.

Thanks for the replies.

I can get Maxell CD-Rpro or Verbatim DataLifePlus with the Super Azo.

Which to choose the price is about the same.