Cdr buffer not working?

vbimport

i have a px12/4/32 SCSI with 4mb buffer…
I was writing a cd last night and at the same time attempted to start SiSoft Sandra. Apparently Sandra tried to access the recorder, so i got a coaster.
Now, if i’m not wrong, when writing @ 4x speed, the data transfer rate is 600kb/sec. So it would take about 5 seconds for the recorder’s buffer to empty completely.
But the error message appeared almost instantly…
Could someone enlighten me here? Is it possible that the device buffer is malfunctioning somehow? :confused:
This wasn’t the first time, it happened before with other programs too - launching windows explorer for the first time while burning in w98 produced A LOT of coasters :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks in advance

I assume you did get the error “Buffer underrun”?
If you didn’t, then it was something else, the program crashed or something, or simultaneous access to the device.

oops i didnt’ mention that, i did get a “buffer underrun” error

make sure you have the latest firmware
http://www.plextor.be/English/technical/download2.html

And check if the waranty is ok or not
http://www.plextor.be/English/technical/technical_support.html

Hope this will help

I have a Plextor 12/10/32 Scsi (with burnproof). I have had the same problems (bufferunderruns with burnproof) on al kinds of speed (1,2,4,8, 12) even with rewritables I had bufferunderrus.
After contacting Plextor I could return my cd-writer to them. After five days I had another writer.:slight_smile: :slight_smile:
So contact plextor…

I was writing a cd last night and at the same time attempted to start SiSoft Sandra. Apparently Sandra tried to access the recorder, so i got a coaster.

By any chance is Autorun enable when this happens??

autorun disabled.
bulldog: thanks for the info, but the store i bought my recorder says the warranty is over :[

Originally posted by michalis
[B]i have a px12/4/32 SCSI with 4mb buffer…
Now, if i’m not wrong, when writing @ 4x speed, the data transfer rate is 600kb/sec. So it would take about 5 seconds for the recorder’s buffer to empty completely.
But the error message appeared almost instantly…
Could someone enlighten me here? Is it possible that the device buffer is malfunctioning somehow? :confused:
This wasn’t the first time, it happened before with other programs too - launching windows explorer for the first time while burning in w98 produced A LOT of coasters :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks in advance [/B]

Just don’t use SiSoft Sandra if you burn some stuff, cause it eats all you’re resources and sometimes even with a burnproofwriter it will hang!