CDR brands -- which?

Hi all . Well , i have about 1500 mp3s to burn and will have another 2000 additional ones soon .
I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinion on the available media that i can get in NZ . I know it’s limited , but it’s all i seam to be able to get my hands on . I have chosen 2 sites .

NO 1

NO 2

I have a Liteon 40125S ZS0J – I Have not burned at full speed as i have had shitty CDRs to work with and thought i may as well find a decent brand if i am looking at a 100 spindal.

Thanks all :slight_smile:

the HP CD-R’s that Blankcd.co.nz sells are good methinks
as are the Verbatim DataLifePlus… hmm i think he sells DLPLUS - it has to have the “PLUS” on it.

Kodak ultima’s aren’t bad…
i personally buy TDK-Riteks from Kmart

tis good to here from someone from nz . Have you used them for burning at 40 + speed ?

Many errors ?

Would anybody else be able to give me advice on this matter ?

Im in the UK the only brand I recognise by name is the philips but looking at the disc it doesnt look like the uk ones ,ours were purple on silver and blue on silver BUT and its a big one a LOT of FAKE philips media found its way onto the markets these were BLUE ON SILVER , never had a prob with the others ie purple on silver but hard to find and expensive.Do what I do try a few and if you get good results for what your doing stick with your brand as with all things the disc is not everything something has to put the data there from the quality of the “originals” to the burner,pc,software etc etc

Sorry forgot something if youve got 2k mp3s and you expect them to fit onto 100 cds they must have been ripped at a low bitrate (poor quality) Before anyone starts to shout Im talking about albums not tracks.

^^ i don’t burn much at 40+ speed - i find 32x to be perfectly acceptable and is a kinda sweet spot for my burner

but, for 40x, SKC CD-R’s have given me 0 errors and been very reliable so far… the Premium Silver ones not the gold ones… blue packaged ones in other words

um… The 40x TDK’s made by RITEK have been v. good aswell, as have “DORADO 40x” available at warehouse stationary made by prodisc

The HP’s and kodaks that blankcd sells aren’t the greatest at high speeds because they aren’t rated for high speed. Verbatim DataLife PLUS rated at 40x are just arriving in NZ i think

I have 200 of those ‘Fashion Master’ discs from Picosys.co.nz. Got 'em the week before last. I’ve burned about 25 and so for no coasters. They all burn at 40X and Nero’s ScanDisc reports very few errors. These are CMCs of course, and the cheapest discs they have on there! :smiley: People will disagree with me, but it is my opinion that the quality of CMC 40X and 48X media is right up there with the best of 'em!

Thankyou all !

I use SKC ones from the wearhouse . The siver ones that you were talking about . So far , they have been sweet as for me . Does anyone know where i might be able to get a 100 spindal of them of the net ?

I know they are only a dollar at the wearhouse but i know i must be able to get them cheeper of the net :slight_smile:

Thanks again

Originally posted by freQuency
[B]Thankyou all !

I use SKC ones from the wearhouse . The siver ones that you were talking about . So far , they have been sweet as for me . Does anyone know where i might be able to get a 100 spindal of them of the net ?

I know they are only a dollar at the wearhouse but i know i must be able to get them cheeper of the net :slight_smile:

Thanks again [/B]

Dunno about the SKCs at the Warehouse, but I remember I had a spindle of 25 of their ‘Transonic’ Brand a while back. ATip said the manufacturer was Wealth Fare Inc. Man were those bad. :Z My burner would just spit them out halfway thru a burn for absolutely no reason. I think I only got five good discs from that 25 spindle. The burner I had at the time was an LG 8120B 12X if that makes any difference.

These are the brands available to me online … I know there are sereral types within these brands . They are showen on the sites i listed at the start of the thread .

Which … might just be a case of trial and error :frowning:

Verbatim
Sony
Imation
Kodak
Benq
Philips
Fashion Master
Datamax
Yamaha
Digimaster
EBoss
MaxMax

You have a LiteOn, so stay away from AZO discs other than Metal AZO. All Super AZOs and such don’t work too good with LiteOns. Try to find Verbatim Pastel Discs, they are being made by Taiyo Yuden and they are very good. :slight_smile: But I don’t know if they come in 100 disc spindles. :frowning:

Stay away from “normal” Verbatims also. DLP Metal AZO or Pastel Discs (not DLP). Kodaks should be good, either. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by freQuency
[B]Hi all . Well , i have about 1500 mp3s to burn and will have another 2000 additional ones soon .
I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinion on the available media that i can get in NZ . I know it’s limited , but it’s all i seam to be able to get my hands on . I have chosen 2 sites .

NO 1

NO 2

I have a Liteon 40125S ZS0J – I Have not burned at full speed as i have had shitty CDRs to work with and thought i may as well find a decent brand if i am looking at a 100 spindal.

Thanks all :slight_smile: [/B]

are you going to convert them to wav files so you can play them in any cd player or are you leaving them as mp3s? if you are going to convert them all then you will need more than 100 cdrs since 20 songs is about the most you can fit on a 700mb cdr.

In wav format . Yeah i know . I thought that i might start with 100 CDs and do the rest some other time .

Do any of you guys know weither converting to “PCM WAV” using the winamp plugin “SqrSoft_ACF_Disc_Writer” will be fine to burn to CD using nero so that i can play them on my stereo ?

Just ez though winamp :slight_smile: