CDFS? How can i store files

So I recently ripped a hard drive out of an old tivo and hooked it up to my computer. The hard drive is fully functional and the computer recognizes it minus the fact that i can’t view the drive in explorer. I’m currently using diskpart.exe to manage my disks. It says that the disk is about 30GB and is a CDFS type. However i would like to change it so that it is similar to my current hard drive which is a NTFS. It doesn’t really matter to me what kind of FS it is i just want to have the ability to store files on it and be able to view and explore just like any other volume (e.g. C:) I just want the extra space and the ability to view/modify it in windows explorer. (e.g. store music, pics, other docs, etc…)
Any ideas?

[QUOTE=Drumline_2011;2135356]So I recently ripped a hard drive out of an old tivo and hooked it up to my computer. The hard drive is fully functional and the computer recognizes it minus the fact that i can’t view the drive in explorer. I’m currently using diskpart.exe to manage my disks. It says that the disk is about 30GB and is a CDFS type. However i would like to change it so that it is similar to my current hard drive which is a NTFS. It doesn’t really matter to me what kind of FS it is i just want to have the ability to store files on it and be able to view and explore just like any other volume (e.g. C:) I just want the extra space and the ability to view/modify it in windows explorer. (e.g. store music, pics, other docs, etc…)
Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CD Freaks.

Tivo seems to use it’s own proprietary method of
storing data on the hard disc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tivo’s_Media_File_System

If you don’t mind losing the Tivo data and you don’t intend to use this
drive as a Tivo hard drive in the future, you should re-partition the
drive and format it as NTFS.

Some DOS/Windows utilities have problems working with
unrecognised partition types or file systems. You might get
better results using a live bootable Linux CD or a rescue/utility
disk like UBCD.