CDFreaks Style

vbimport

over all i like the google siteop test template. but still going to use the V1 style because of the full screen feature. :slight_smile:

I think it looks too much like the default VB style personally. Do some styling to it and it could hold a better response I think.

is the default the one here

still i just dont like V2. except how the site navigation tabs are the same as cdfreaks home page.

just noticed site navigation tabs are not present in the google siteops test template?

edit// nevermind there they are, small on the left. :slight_smile:

Yes Troy that’s the default VB style.

Hi :slight_smile:
I agree that the full width when using high resolution means sticking with V1 for me too.
The test template is fairly much default too.
But one step at a time I guess.
Shame they don’t seem interested in the full screen aspect though. :rolleyes:

Edit: Just realised that it is the Navigation bar being on the side that restricts width.
Seems an odd choice of location to me.
Perhaps this will be temporary.

That style is a test style that is only used on a small part of people coming from search engines to test several things. I would not recommend to use it, as it will change a lot over time.

I prefer the google siteop test template over the other 2 styles :iagree:

Hi :slight_smile:
Thanks for the info.
But does that mean the Navigation bar ( & Now Ads) could become a permanent thing?

Double post

[quote=zebadee;2150469]Hi :slight_smile:
I agree that the full width when using high resolution means sticking with V1 for me too.
The test template is fairly much default too.
But one step at a time I guess.
[B]Shame they don’t seem interested in the full screen aspect though. :rolleyes:[/B]
quote]

I also use V1 because of the Full Screen :iagree:

My Son has XP 17" Screen Works fine
Me Vista♥ 19" Squished ,[B][I]as I am over half a Centuary my Eye Sight dont like. [/I][/B]

[I]MY only Gripe :bigsmile:[/I]

[QUOTE=zebadee;2151176]Hi :slight_smile:
Thanks for the info.
But does that mean the Navigation bar ( & Now Ads) could become a permanent thing?[/QUOTE]

As said it’s a test template, not meant to be used by normal visitors, unfortunately I can’t disable it and have it work at the same time, hence it’s there.

I have no clue what is going to change and when and I would certainly not recommend to use it!

Related Questions and Answers at the top instead of the bottom now for test template. makes more visible for sure.

when searching google and clicking on a cdfreaks link, sometimes i am presented with the google siteop test template.

if i log-in to club.cdfreaks while in the google siteop test template, the style does not change to my prefered setting of V1. click the Quick Style Chooser and the style remains at google siteop test template.

i must log-off and clear my cache to re-enable V1 style.

edit// this is using FF 3.1 Beta 1

okay this is getting annoying, as per my above posting. :frowning:

Hi Troy -
How often do you search in google for our website? :wink: You can also use the Google Search option on top of this page (under “Search”) maybe this helps?

atleast couple times per day. and more if looking for answer to help members in the forum.

sometimes i dont log in as soon as i get here. ill read around and see if i am going to post first or if i need to view an attachment.

i prefer to use google search and use site option. for example “dvd+rw erase 16W1P site:cdfreaks.com”

[QUOTE=troy512;2162597]i prefer to use google search and use site option. for example “dvd+rw erase 16W1P site:cdfreaks.com”[/QUOTE]
I think you can use use our “Google coop” search tool on the top. This has the exact same results?

[QUOTE=MP|3;2162631]I think you can use use our “Google coop” search tool on the top. This has the exact same results?[/QUOTE]

Sorry but it doesn’t work.

Exactly the same process on other sites.
Return an average of 4 results.

Hmm thanks for reporting this! I guess something was broken with the Google Search. I have now changed some settings, so I think it has to work again now. Searching for “dvd+rw erase 16W1P” gives enough results back from our page.

Does it work with you guys as well?
Anything else which we could improve?

Sorry,but I still get the same result as in post # 18.
This is using Firefox, IE7 & Opera. (All latest versions).