Cdfreaks resident?

vbimport

Hi, I have seen that some users has a title “CDFreaks Resident” and I am so curious since I have not seen it before (correct me if am wrong) on what does it mean, having this title, or how to obtain it? I have search a bit in the FAQ but I cannot find anything related to the titles. :flower:

You need to be a member here for 3 years and 500 posts. From what i understand anyway. So in Sept 2008 and 336 more posts and you will be a Resident.

[QUOTE=Bob;2080227]You need to be a member here for 3 years and 500 posts. From what i understand anyway. So in Sept 2008 and 336 more posts and you will be a Resident.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I didn’t know that, Thank you Bob.

Hi :slight_smile:
Just thought I’d add.
You ain’t missing much!!! :eek: :bigsmile:

Your not missing a thing. It’s just a gimmick for the persons who don’t have a real life and are living on this board for at least more then 3 years posting a lot :).

It’s for us also a good way to communicate with long time members so they can tell us (and discuss with us) what we can add and improve, and they will be the first persons to beta test new features we’ve added to the site.

di loves Beta Testing Stuff even if Her Computer Crashes in the Prosses .I just Get Bored when things work all the Time :bigsmile: IM game for a challange :flower:

♥

[QUOTE=dakhaas;2082212]Your not missing a thing. It’s just a gimmick for the persons who don’t have a real life and are living on this board for at least more then 3 years posting a lot :).[/QUOTE]yeah i was hoping for a more adult atmosphere there but it is getting more like the living room :rolleyes:

And hey now i do kinda have a life :slight_smile:

This is new, give it a chance before you make decisions. Things evolve, I personally like the idea.

I also like this concept; other forums have similar setups and they are not as low keyed as CDFreaks Resident is. Calling it the Seniors lounge or other like names sounds exclusive IMOP.

Let’s see how this evolves and helps with the future development of the forum.

Hmmm!
What idea is that?
How will it evolve?
Any clues? :cool:

[quote=The Kipper;2082616]I also like this concept; other forums have similar setups and they are not as low keyed as CDFreaks Resident is. Calling it the Seniors lounge or other like names sounds exclusive IMOP.

Let’s see how this evolves and helps with the future development of the forum.[/quote]

Well I don’t know what IMOP is, unless you are the CD Freaks cleaner! :eek:
I MOP :wink:
(In MY Opinion P? )
Also on titles instead of low key (not very CDF at all).
Resident is the politically correct term, widely used for inmates, patients etc.
So when are visiting hours. :Z

Yet another waitng for evolution. To … from … ?
Currently resembles the Living Room.
So have we gone from standard armchairs to luxury recliners? :bigsmile:

Yo zabadee-

I have read many of your posts over a long period of time-

If CDF bothers you [I]so[/I] much - why not find a forum that you like - and hang out there-eh???

[quote=bigmike7;2083512]Yo zabadee-

I have read many of your posts over a long period of time-

If CDF bothers you [I]so[/I] much - why not find a forum that you like - and hang out there-eh???[/quote]

In terms of this thread.
I am not sure where you are coming from. :confused:
With regards to the Residents Lounge.
I actualy believe the CD Freak Resident Members are being given a unique oportunity.
Whilst I appreciate it is early days.
The member response is akin to that of the Living Room.
My concern therefore is that management aren’t making it clear to members the purpose of said Residents Lounge.
(This is me, making an assumption that there is an agenda behind the Residents Lounge.)
The potential that lies in this concept may not as a result of a lack of direction etc. Be attained.
While I can see how you may see my posts as negative.
MY aim is to try & stimulate response.
Whether here, or in fact the Residents Lounge.

As for hanging out in other forums.
I think you’ll find I do. :wink:

Zeb I can see where big Mike is coming from but at times it is difficult to see your position.
Frankly if you don’t believe that the residents lounge is reaching its potential then go and start some threads and post some comments to show us the way, rather than wingeing about it.
I say this not to offend but to encourage you I hope!:flower:

@ weedougie, no offense taken.

However with regards to my post here.

The first part is merely asking alan1476 if he has any inside info that he’s able to reveal.

The second part.
I genuinely have no idea what Kipper means by IMOP.

As to the low key.
Why should a forum that believes in what it is doing, be low key… ever.
The playing with terminology was meant as humour… not to be taken too seriously.

The evolution bit is again (only this time asking Kipper) for an insight into what might be an agenda (if any) to the Residents Forum.
Again the form was intended to be a bit tongue in cheek.
In other words not too much to be read into it.

Hope this might help “see my position” in this thread at least. :bigsmile:

Posted by zebadee
The first part is merely asking alan1476 if he has any inside info that he’s able to reveal.

I have no inside information, but I do know that people are working very hard to make this forum the best it can be, and it seems that some are not giving it a chance. Its easy to complain about things, all I want is for people to give new forums and sub-forums a chance before making any accusations that they are alike to other forums that already exist, by evolve I mean new things being introduced like we are trying to do with this sub forum. [B]Rome was not built in a day[/B].

Looking at this thread, two things come to me.
Zebadee is obviously not a YES man.
Not saying anyone here is.
To be honest I know very little of any of you.
I can see that his intentions appear to be well meaning.

As for some responses his posts have got.
He has replied.
There hasn’t been any reply to these posts.
Sorry, apart from alan1476.
Is that because his posts have made his intentions clear?

Just observing.

Wow, I know I am one of the many respected members here and I think I have over 300 posts…Nevermind I have till November for my 3 years. :smiley:

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2084893]Wow, I know I am one of the many respected members here and I think I have over 300 posts…Nevermind I have till November for my 3 years. :D[/QUOTE]

You sure?
Feb 2006 is your start date according to the date below your avatar.
So Feb 2009 would be 3 years.

Oops I see well less than a year won’t be long for me.