CDFreaks Presents: The Verbatim Store 'n' Go Micro 4GB USB Drive Review

You can find the Review here:

Feel free to comment on the review in this thread.

I’m wondering about the write performance of this drive. In all the writing tests except one, the best writing speed achieved is < 14 MB/s but then in the single large file writing test, a 701 MB file or possibly a 629 MB file is written in just 26 seconds (27 MB/s or 24 MB/s).

Is this result correct, did I misinterpret it, or is there a typo in the review?

It is not a typo, I rebooted numerous times and re-ran the tests.

Ended up with the same results, I can’t explain the difference.

Decided to format the drive and re-run the tests in question AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and yes your assumption was correct it is wrong.

New result has consistently changed to 1min 17sec

Review edited…

Thanks DrageMester

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2296792]I’m wondering about the write performance of this drive. In all the writing tests except one, the best writing speed achieved is < 14 MB/s but then in the single large file writing test, a 701 MB file or possibly a 629 MB file is written in just 26 seconds (27 MB/s or 24 MB/s).

Is this result correct, did I misinterpret it, or is there a typo in the review?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2297170]New result has consistently changed to 1min 17sec[/QUOTE] That seems more in line with the other results. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thank YOU for the comments, now the results are corrected :flower:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2297307]That seems more in line with the other results. Thanks! :)[/QUOTE]