Cdfreaks presents the Memorex F16 (LiteOn SOHW-1633S rebadge) review

vbimport

The Memorex F16 DVD writer review has been published and can be found HERE.
As many of you already know, the Memorex F16 writer is identical in hardware to the LiteOn SOHW-1633S.

Please use this thread for constructive criticism, general comments and any other thoughts that you may have on the review.
Additional tests can also be requested, which will be looked into when time permits.
Thanks!

Thank you, Wes! :wink:

Honestly, you gave a 0/100 score for that drive. (From stricly my personal point of view.) :bigsmile:

Overall, a great review.

The Philips external drive reviewed earlier by jan70 used B5S6 firmware and Memorex F16 used BWSE firmware and now I’m using CS09 firmware and some people prefer BS0S firmware and some others prefer BYX2 firmware. There are people who like TDK firmware most. :sad:

Great! We’re waiting for Memorex F-115 Stealth now :wink:

Happy New Year to everybody!

An excellent review. Thanks Wes. :slight_smile:

I’m not yet ready to upgrade my 300 Mhz with 128 MB Ram running Win 98SE. The specs for this drive show 450 Mhz minimum but with burn protection enabled==couldn’t I burn dvd’s at the slower speeds without any problems or does something else happen?

If I could get minimal performance from this unit, I might dedicate my computer to TV capture which only needs 1X speed. I’d like to hold off on a new computer for just a few more months.

No need for editing or playback==just want to record from harddrive to disk.

Thanks. bobbo.

Just writing is not that demanding, more so on the interface than anything else.

Not sure that you’d get 1x out of any of the media around now, but 4x is comparable to a CD-R at 36x.

Under Win98SE, you also face the FAT32 Filesize limitation of 2Gb

Ok I read about Liteon rebadging but where can I find more info what drives are rebagded as other manufactures drives ?