CDFreaks presents: Sony BWU-200S Internal Blu-ray Disc Rewritable Drive Review

CDFreaks presents: Sony BWU-200S Internal Blu-ray Disc Rewritable Drive Review

You can read the review here

What a great review Kipper, I am so jealous, I really want to try this drive, I bet its really better than I can imagine. I am saving up my money right now. Congrats on anther great review.:clap:

Thank You Alan

This drive has performed very nicely with everything I am throwing at it.

Not bad that drive. Great review!

I hope the price will come down…

[QUOTE=chef;1975746]Not bad that drive. Great review!

I hope the price will come down…[/QUOTE]

Thanks chef

Looks like it’ll handle any Blu-Ray blank you can throw at it, too bad the blanks are still expensive.
For the purposes of calculating a maximum CAV data rate, how fast is the disc spinning at 4x CLV, at the beginning (inner ring) of the disc?
Nice review!

Nice review Kip, looks like a very good Blu-Ray burner and 16x DVD burning, woot!

Thanks. I’m jealous, as I only have the previous generation’s non-SATA model. Although I can’t complain due to the price I got it for. :wink:

[QUOTE=Chick_Hearn;2095031]Thanks. I’m jealous, as I only have the previous generation’s non-SATA model. Although I can’t complain due to the price I got it for. ;)[/QUOTE]

The 200s is a nice drive; I have been using it as my primary burner for all projects and it is holding up nicely.

Kipper,

Nice review! Sorry for the late post, but I haven’t been on CD Freaks in a while…too long!

I note the age of the post, and wanted to ask if you’ve seen the 300s, I’ve been eyeballing that for a new computer build.

[QUOTE=transdogmifier;2151537]Kipper,

Nice review! Sorry for the late post, but I haven’t been on CD Freaks in a while…too long!

I note the age of the post, and wanted to ask if you’ve seen the 300s, I’ve been eyeballing that for a new computer build.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

No I have not looked at the new 300, however, I think one of our review team members will be doing a review of the 300 in the near future.