CDFreaks presents: Ridata 64GB Ultra-S SLC SSD Review

vbimport

CDFreaks presents: Ridata 64GB Ultra-S SLC SSD Review

You can read the review here.

Please feel free to comment on the review in this forum thread. :slight_smile:

Ow this drive kick the raptorx butt… I was going to get a velociraptor , think I’m gonna wait till SSD price down a bit more.

Thank you!

Thanks for a good review, interesting and easy to follow.

We are seeing more SSD reviews vs raptors and velociraptors, I wonder when will SSD be massly accepted and if Western Digital is going to respond with a faster read/write harddrive?

Thanks guys.

I think SSD will be big and buyers will come if the price is right. There will be more SSD reviews for sure! :wink:

Nice review zevia.

Zevia,

how long have you used the SSD, what kind of usage (OS, data storage or both) and do you feel the SSD is much faster than the Raptor X? What is your other experience with SSD in contrast to Raptor X? Do you have a Velociraptor to compare? Sorry lots of questions! :slight_smile:

Thanks [B]vroom[/B]. :wink:

@[B]helsenvan[/B]:

[quote=helsenvan;2144523]how long have you used the SSD[/quote]About 3 months, thanks to Ridata / Advanced Media kind enough to give me extension.

what kind of usage (OS, data storage or both)
During review period I tested as OS and some data storage (read/write). Beyond that, about a month, only for OS (C drive).

and do you feel the SSD is much faster than the Raptor X?
For OS and application loading, yes I do feel much faster than Raptor X, and of course much quieter! The numbers in the review also confimed that this Ridata SSD is about 65% faster when we look at the graphic ‘Windows XP “full install” Startup’.

Do you have a Velociraptor to compare?
Unfortunately, no I don’t have a Velociraptor during the review period. Although there are newer and faster SSD in the market (Intel X25 for instance), I think buy looking at the numbers, this Ridata SSD will still beat Velociraptor in some area especially for extensive read performance such as windows startup when you have lots of software installed. But who knows.

What is your other experience with SSD in contrast to Raptor X?
Well repeating some of my conclusion in the review, it’s much quiter than Raptor X. Much faster for OS and application loading (including games). It won’t generate heat in your PC case. To be honest I’m sold and very exited with it.

There are some tests that I didn’t publish, for instance Game loading time. See attachment.