CDFreaks presents: LG GSA-4167B review

You can find it here: http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/242

Feel free to comment the review in this thread.

Is this drive quiet?

yes, it is!

Great review again, Jan :slight_smile:

I´m impressed about the very good writing-quality with most media. It looks like a hard competitor for Benq and NEC

thanks for the review, looks like a very nice burner. i`am getting a new pc next week with 1 of these babys in :slight_smile:

Finally. :bow:

It was interesting to see a couple of infodisc blanks been used in this review. They are the manufacturer that LG have been using for their discs. Made in Korea. I have had excellent results with them.
I think I may have to upgrade my old 4160 to a 4167.

I have a spindle of made in taiwan Fuji dvds…They’re not recognized by the LG4167b

hi, any chance to see Ritek G05 with this burner ?
:slight_smile:

These wouldn’t happen to be Fuji DVD-R 8X? From Futureshop or Best Buy perhaps?

I bought a spingle (100pcs) of these but have yet to use them… :o

Our drive came shipped with firmware DL10, which was later updated to DL11 and DL12.

which firmware was used to burn dvd-r and dvd+r media?

habsfan9 have you found any media to work as I can’t get it to recognize any blank dvd’s

Yeah… IT’s the FUJI spindle from Futureshop … 100 for $29.95 (I believe… It was a couple of months ago, that I bought 'em)

I have a RiData 8x that work perfectly… I prefer my Benq 1620 though… Faster!

Also, there are these crappy OSI Media (Fake TY02 coded) that are recognized and burn fine…But, it’s garbage cd… Skips like crazy!

Wow… I don’t know what jus thappened… But, once I took my garbage OSI Media cd out and put a Fuji cd in there, it somehow magically detected it… I will test it out and let you know…

It says ProdiskF01 as the MID.

Hi, Im new in this forum, I hope you can help me, I have just buy the gsa-4167b and i installed the dl12 firmware, and I need to know how to change it to a region free dvd, because when I want to see any dvd diferent than region 1, it asks me for a region change and i have only 4 opportunities to do so.
Thanks in advance. Greetings.

Dont known if it is allow if not mod delete thanks.
RAYARAINBOW here you will find what you need.

http://tdb.rpc1.org/

Yes, it’s no problem.
We like those crazy Dangerous Bros. :wink:

Are there 2 versions of the 4167, with and without DVD-RAM writing capability? Right now Newegg has one for $37.99 but it’s listed as “5X DVD-RAM READ”. The other one is $46.99 and has under the specs a 5X DVD-RAM write.

Jan, did you use DL11 or DL12 when doing the +R and -R tests??? :slight_smile: