CDFreaks presents: LG GGC-H20L Super Multi Blu-ray Disc & HD DVD-ROM Drive with LightScribe Review

vbimport

You can find the Review here:

Feel free to comment the review in this thread.

Nice review, thanks MegaDETH

Never mind.

Hmm, have to applaud you for the large amount of media you have used in the tests.

May I ask - is the extremely spikey jitter line a side effect of the Blu Ray drive’s method of writing, or does that liteon make jitter look spikey?

For example, this jitter line is quite spiked up throughout - do other scanning drives show similar patterns?

“MY” Lite-On DH20A3P does have a tendency to read jitter like this but more so reading the LG GGC-H20L’s discs.

I will have to rescan a few discs with another drive and compare the results.

Maybe this is more accurate at reading jitter or maybe it’s a bum drive?

Thanks for your question cd pirate, I will look into this.

@cd pirate

edit: see post further down

Mega, would you scan that disc with your BenQ so we can compare all three Jitter presentations? Thanks

Great drive. I love it. I’m glad LG isn’t giving up supporting HD DVD!

Will do later today Kip :wink:

[QUOTE=The Kipper;2003734]Mega, would you scan that disc with your BenQ so we can compare all three Jitter presentations? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Sorry I rescanned the wrong disc before :doh:

Here is the correct one BenQ scanned, will post the other Lite-on scan when it’s done.

Same disc as above and from the review…

Interesting, the 20A3P shows a much more wavy jitter line than the other drives. I’m guessing if a burn showed steady flat lines on all drives, it’d have to be a good burn jitter wise :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know why the 20A3P is showing such wavy jitter. Might have to replace it.