CDFreaks Most Popular DVD Mediacodes

vbimport

As nominated by you guys, here is the poll for the most popular mediacode. :slight_smile:

A few have been removed due to lack of availability, and one or two added.

The choices are assuming the media is legit and best grade.

Cast your votes! :slight_smile:

Very late edit: To avoid any further confusion, this poll is multiple choice :wink:

The previous polls can be found here:

Poll: [COLOR=“Gray”]Which DVD-R media is best for long-term storage? [2006-2007]

Poll: Which DVD+R media is best for long-term storage? [2006-2007][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Arachne;2080737]The choices are assuming the media is legit and best grade.[/quote]Aaah, I prefer that! I was about to post about the lack of this important precision… :wink:

Forgot to make the last one multple choice. Ooops!
Same comments as above :bigsmile:

C’mon people! :smiley:

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2080738]Aaah, I prefer that! I was about to post about the lack of this important precision… ;)Same comments as above :bigsmile:

C’mon people! :D[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I’m multitasking. :wink:

Might be something wrong with the percentages…

I thought you didn’t like my post from the other one you started :sad:

I need to get busy on these FTI TTH02’s and see how they burn :doh: I’ve been sick lately and no desire to try them out…

[QUOTE=schweino;2080742]Might be something wrong with the percentages…[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is very odd. I’ll have to check that with Admins.

Edit: just checked with Drage, the percentages are fine. Mind you, percentages aren’t my thing, so I wouldn’t know if they were wrong LOL.

[quote=schweino;2080742]Might be something wrong with the percentages…[/quote] Percentages are correct.

Percentage = (number of votes for a choice) / (number of voters) x 100%

Dividing by number of votes (instead of voters) would be incorrect and strongly misleading for a multiple-select poll.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2080739]Sorry. I’m multitasking. ;)[/QUOTE]I hope you understood that the “Cm’on people” part was not directed at you? :slight_smile:

Maybe if the question was: “What ARE your favorites mediacodeS”, this percentage thing would get less confusing…? (and it would make the multi-options feature more self-explanatory…?) My two cents… :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2080751]I hope you understood that the “Cm’on people” part was not directed at you? :)[/QUOTE]

Yes :wink:

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2080752]Maybe if the question was: “What ARE your favorites mediacodeS”, this percentage thing would get less confusing…? (and it would make the multi-options feature more self-explanatory…?) My two cents… :)[/QUOTE]

Poll edited :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2080754]Yes ;)[/quote]Me glad :cool:

Poll edited :wink:
Glad to be of some help :cool: :cool:

Arachne, which did you vote for? MCC 004 or the TY’s? :smiley: I’ve only had experiences with a couple of brands of blank DVD’s so I haven’t voted yet.

[QUOTE=Robert De Niro;2080779]Arachne, which did you vote for? MCC 004 or the TY’s? :smiley: I’ve only had experiences with a couple of brands of blank DVD’s so I haven’t voted yet.[/QUOTE]

MCC004, and quite a few others, including YUDEN000 T02 and TYG03 :smiley:

I voted for Yuden000 T02 and TY G02.
A couple of years ago my choice would have
been MCC 003, but their quality started
getting unreliable from batch to batch.

I am the first who voted “Other” and I have to say that this other is PRINCO (Princo 4x). This media you can find it everywhere here. As I said before due to the lack of TY or Vebatim, I have tried other different media being this media the most popular (maybe for other guys, also this could be true). So I have to say : Where is PRINCO mediacode?
EDIT: Just to add this media has been improved, the old days of being the worst media are over, in fact they are pretty good now; compatible with most of my burners.

[quote=DrageMester;2080748]Percentages are correct.

Percentage = (number of votes for a choice) / (number of voters) x 100%

Dividing by number of votes (instead of voters) would be incorrect and strongly misleading for a multiple-select poll.[/quote]

Okay, I missed the multiple choice part (see Francksoy’s comment above)

It wouldn’t hurt to clarify then that the percentages represent the % of individuals who have voted for that mediatype.

Hi :slight_smile:
MCC 004 (MIT)
YUDEN000 T03 (MIJ)

[QUOTE=juancdg;2080898]I am the first who voted “Other” and I have to say that this other is PRINCO (Princo 4x). This media you can find it everywhere here. As I said before due to the lack of TY or Vebatim, I have tried other different media being this media the most popular (maybe for other guys, also this could be true). [B]So I have to say : Where is PRINCO mediacode?[/B]
EDIT: Just to add this media has been improved, the old days of being the worst media are over, in fact they are pretty good now; compatible with most of my burners.[/QUOTE]

Exactly :iagree: :bigsmile:
http://dvd-r.jpn.org/test2/qcheckform.cgi?mode=main&name=SuperX_4x50
http://dvd-r.jpn.org/test2/qcheckform.cgi?mode=main&name=SuperX_DS8x

[quote=juancdg;2080898]I am the first who voted “Other” and I have to say that this other is PRINCO (Princo 4x). This media you can find it everywhere here. As I said before due to the lack of TY or Vebatim, I have tried other different media being this media the most popular (maybe for other guys, also this could be true). So I have to say : Where is PRINCO mediacode?[/quote] The PRINCO media code was nominated but excluded from the poll because it’s old 1-4x rated media and we’d rather have some modern and more widely available media in the poll.

EDIT: Just to add this media has been improved, the old days of being the worst media are over, in fact they are pretty good now; compatible with most of my burners.
Glad to hear that it’s working well for you.

[quote=pepst;2080989]Exactly :iagree: :bigsmile:

http://dvd-r.jpn.org/test2/qcheckform.cgi?mode=main&name=SuperX_DS8x[/quote] PRINCO8X02 was never nominated for the poll during the 2½ weeks the nomination was open, so you can blame yourself for not nominating this media code. :wink:

no TYG01 or T01 :sad: