CDFreaks Most Popular DVD Brands

vbimport

I like Ritek made discs, sony, and CMC Magnetics, I’ve had no problems with CMC discs! been using the M01s for a while with no problem! The Ritek F16s marketed by memorex are good for me too, never had a problem with them!

You must have an excellent burner then - My Pioneer with a CMC burner kept throwing up all sorts of problem with CMC MAG discs, and I must have gone through at least 50 failures out of 100 CMC MAG discs I actually burned… They were too inconsistant, so I scrapped them and moved onto the much more stable, better quality Maxell RitekF1 discs, which can be bought for around the same life.

I also hear the RitekF1 is based on the Fugi Oxolife dye - Which means you know its going to be good and reliable :wink:

[QUOTE=Chad_Bronson;2577008]You must have an excellent burner then - My Pioneer with a CMC burner kept throwing up all sorts of problem with CMC MAG discs, and I must have gone through at least 50 failures out of 100 CMC MAG discs I actually burned… They were too inconsistant, so I scrapped them and moved onto the much more stable, better quality Maxell RitekF1 discs, which can be bought for around the same life.

I also hear the RitekF1 is based on the Fugi Oxolife dye - Which means you know its going to be good and reliable ;)[/QUOTE]

I guess it’s just a matter of the burner compatibility with the MID…My new iHAP122 9 is still learning the media, so it’s only a matter of time!

Agreed - Although since CMC MAG are WAAAAAAAY too all over the place with their quality, you might want to reconsider about that.- I like to stick to one mid which I know will be quality. Ritek, on this case, has it hands down.

Out of about 50 I’ve used, maybe more, Ritek has only hiccuped one disc to my knowledge.

All my CMC discs are still working fine…along with my ritek discs! I have no problems with either brand!

RCM, by all means, if you think the CMC discs are working out for you, then that’s great dude! Just sayin’ be very careful because the quality of CMC are very, VERY inconsistant. Some may get bottom of the barrel grade CMC media with such as Memorex, but the cream of the crop with such as Maxell. :slight_smile:

Ritek for me just seems to be more consistant, but people counter that by saying their Ritek F1, seen particularly in Maxells, are absolute garbage. Your milage may vary :wink:

My CMC discs are sold as verbatim! :wink: I’ve had the best luck with the ritek F16s

[QUOTE=pepst;2080783]Emtec - this brand is one of the last sources of interesting and crap MID codes :stuck_out_tongue: :bow:
Seriously, I do not have any favourite brands right now except Verbatim. New TYs are terrible (and TY media are generally extremely overrated), so I do not buy Panasonic DVD-Rs any more. Sony is selling both good and crap media, Philips media are overpriced and hard to find here (especially those with INFOMEDIA MID, which are very good), HP are overpriced too, Maxell MIJ are almost impossible to find…
But I like Intenso’s CD-R (Daxon) and their AML DVDs are also quite decent and LG’s DVDs are very good for their price. And I hope that TDKs made in UAE will be available here (in Slovakia) soon.[/QUOTE]

You people spell funny. Must be in the UK…:cool:

I lost faith in all Ritek media several years ago with the G05 fiasco where in a week
or a month or so all of your data was gone. :sad: I got ahold of some Ritek F1discs
by buying some Maxell I believe it was and the first 10 or so burned like crap so in the
garbage can they went and no more Maxell discs for me.

If the only discs that was being sold anymore was Ritek then I would have to completely
quit burning any discs all together.

[QUOTE=getit29;2577056]I lost faith in all Ritek media several years ago with the G05 fiasco where in a week
or a month or so all of your data was gone. :sad: I got ahold of some Ritek F1discs
by buying some Maxell I believe it was and the first 10 or so burned like crap so in the
garbage can they went and no more Maxell discs for me.

If the only discs that was being sold anymore was Ritek then I would have to completely
quit burning any discs all together.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think ritek makes the G05 anymore, and IMO, the Ritek F1s are quite good IMO had a 10 pack for movie burning for home movies for sending off to family, they all still work 4 years later :slight_smile: and all my ritek CD-Rs are still working fine! I remember a time when imation DVD media was made by ricoh, I have a few around, they still work too! :slight_smile: INFODISC by far is the WORST one you can get for +or- RW discs of any kind, all mine are unreadable! :Z

[QUOTE=RCM;2577063]I don’t think ritek makes the G05 anymore[/QUOTE]

Yep they sure do still make them if I’m not mistaken someone here bought some of them
but by the reviews they must have really improved them or something but I’m not going to
take a chance on them no way no how. :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
Titan Duplication Grade (Ridata Code) 8X DVD-R

I’ll keep using my over rated Tayo Yuden and Mitsubishi disks, thank you. Especially since I’ve never had a burned disk go bad. And I can’t remember the last coaster that I made. But I do remember that it was due to a dirty drive. Keeping them clean will help no end.

Wow! I just got an email notification of a new post in this thread. Turns out it was 5 months ago! :eek:

So, well… bump! :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you quite sure that notification didn’t arrive in the USPS mail box? Sounds more like their timetable to me :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2657423]Are you quite sure that notification didn’t arrive in the USPS mail box? Sounds more like their timetable to me :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

LOL! :bigsmile: Somewhere along the lines USPS got their hands on it! :doh:

My main DVD-R brands I’ve used for the past few years are:
Americopy (the main brand I use at the moment)
Fuji
Kodak
Taiyo Yuden
TDK

I’ve had good results lately with Sony-branded DVD-R RITEKF1 disks. Using them for movie backups. (My player doesn’t like +R disks. )

For archiving I use MCC/003 DVD+R (currently) Labeled Verbatim
TayoYuden (Used to be labeled Fuji, now they are JVC)
Verbatim DataLife have all been good (Mine are MCC)

ASUS DRW-24B1ST
LiteOn ATAPI iHAS 324 A

Verbatim
Sony
TDK
Wich media to use with one of these drives
Pioneer BDR-208DBK
LG BH16NS40
ASUS BW-12B1ST
And wich drive has your preference

Most of the time i use Taiyo Yuden but sometimes i also use That’s or JVC.

I use Taiyo Yuden 8x -R’s for my home stuff. My OLD DVD player doesn’t deal with PIE or PIF errors at all. I usually limit the burns to 3.5 to 4.1 gigs and get great results burnt at 4x with my 7200A burner.