CDFreaks Most Popular DVD Brands

vbimport

Verbatim for me, can’t remember having a failure with the DVD+R (MCC 004) where the disk was at fault. Also wanted to mention AONE DVD+R DL with the RICOHJPN-D01-67 as these are also very consistent dual layers and work very well, have bought well over 200 and all are good.

lots of 8x Tayio Yuden DVD+R :bow: on DiscImpex

Anyone know if DiscImpex can be coaxed to ship stuff outside Greece?

Hi SeanW,

I have the same question, see http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/anyone-ever-imported-thats-media-greece-247411/

I wonder if someone can tell me how the … Hyundai has so many votes here. I hardly never heard them mentioned here and for what i know it’s worst kind of fake media.
Can someone who voted for them enlighten me where to get the good stuff and so on :flower:

[quote=CJ2;2091175]I wonder if someone can tell me how the … Hyundai has so many votes here. I hardly never heard them mentioned here and for what i know it’s worst kind of fake media.
Can someone who voted for them enlighten me where to get the good stuff and so on :flower:[/quote] Don’t ask me - I have also only heard of Hyundai media because of faked media codes, and hadn’t noticed the relatively high amount of votes until now. :confused:

Hyundai / Yuden => people with generic limited knowledge about media and so-so language skills mixing both names because both sound exotic and Japanese (well, Hyundai is a a brand from South Corea). People just love to vote, even if they have no first-hand experience whatsoever and base their votes on the usual consensual hearsay.

Just a conjecture, but as it doesn’t make much sense that people would actually vote for Hyundai discs, I can’t find another explanation.

I’ve been using Maxell and TDK for a while now. A friend gave me a few Verbatim DVDs to try out, I just ordered a 100 pack through NewEgg.

I’m not suggesting that they’re exceptionally-high-quality, but I have no complaints about the [B]OptoDisc[/B]s & [B]ProDisc[/B]s I’ve burned for many years. They seem to last (even though some of my early burns were probably above 4x), and they were available in unusual (at the time) formats, like silver hub-printable.

Maybe I should scan a few of the old burns…

I’d very much like to see scans of Prodiscs, especially if you have a Nexperia BenQ

Well, I’m considering ordering a small batch of Prodisc Spin-X silver inkjet printable so if I do I’ll burn a couple with one of my Sony/Nec 7200/1’s and scan them with my BenQ 1620 and iHAS 220 before I waste ink on them. Now, where did my credit card get off to?? Hahaha!!

[B]Taiyo Yuden[/B] and Verbatim DL media ( MKM001 and 003 MIS ) Only

What happened? Philips (bad brand) and TDK (mediocre brand) on par with Verbatim? :rolleyes:

Looks like these polls, to make any sense, should be opened only to long time posters… :stuck_out_tongue:

10.19% for Hyundai? Now that’s weird…

[QUOTE=pepst;2193136]10.19% for Hyundai? Now that’s weird…[/QUOTE]Kidding, right? :slight_smile: If not, I’m not sure I get your point… (yet).
EDIT You mean it’s already very high considering the brand?

[QUOTE=Wizzu;2193145]Kidding, right? :slight_smile: If not, I’m not sure I get your point… (yet).
EDIT You mean it’s already very high considering the brand?[/QUOTE]

:iagree:, Hyundai is a brand name used by Infosmart for its crappy fake TY or MCC media.

[QUOTE=pepst;2193151]:iagree:, Hyundai is a brand name used by Infosmart for its crappy fake TY or MCC media.[/QUOTE]Yes I know, Hyundai goes well with Platinum. :stuck_out_tongue: That’s why I first thought that you were kidding, like “what, Hyundai ONLY 10%” :bigsmile:, but now I gather that you were actually genuinely surprised that it got that high, just like I was surprised that Philips and TDK got ratings on level with Verbatim… :slight_smile:

Well, despite our continued efforts, and even on this board, los of people are still misinformed. :frowning:

I guess this poll, like polls on most other subjects, proves that popularity is not the same as quality.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2193175]I guess this poll, like polls on most other subjects, proves that popularity is not the same as quality.[/QUOTE]Tell me about it. As a slighlty off-topic sidenote, I’d say it’s sad that there actually is a need for such proof…
Thing is, based on usual input from posters, I was expecting different popularity ratings on this board, thus my inital comments.

mostly memorex for me,last week tried traxdata because I needed to burn some movie for a friend and didn’t manage to write a single cd.Ruined at least 3 cd’s.

[QUOTE=hodge;2222135]mostly memorex for me,last week tried traxdata because I needed to burn some movie for a friend and didn’t manage to write a single cd.Ruined at least 3 cd’s.[/QUOTE]

Well… I think you should be pretty careful with Memorex, I got some Promo and Demo Audio albums from a friend’s band one year ago, well, now they’re completely ruined! the discs have a catastrophic C2 error count… simply unreadable…

anyway that might be the case only with CDs… but usually, DVDs die younger:rolleyes: