CDFreaks Most Popular DVD Brands

vbimport

This time the poll is for the most popular brand(s). :wink:

A few have been removed due to lack of availability, and some added from the “anti-nominations” - just to even things out a bit :wink:

As with the first one, the poll is multiple-choice.

The previous poll can be found here:

Poll: [COLOR=“gray”]Which brands of DVD media are good for everyday use? [2006-2007][/COLOR]

Emtec - this brand is one of the last sources of interesting and crap MID codes :stuck_out_tongue: :bow:
Seriously, I do not have any favourite brands right now except Verbatim. New TYs are terrible (and TY media are generally extremely overrated), so I do not buy Panasonic DVD-Rs any more. Sony is selling both good and crap media, Philips media are overpriced and hard to find here (especially those with INFOMEDIA MID, which are very good), HP are overpriced too, Maxell MIJ are almost impossible to find…
But I like Intenso’s CD-R (Daxon) and their AML DVDs are also quite decent and LG’s DVDs are very good for their price. And I hope that TDKs made in UAE will be available here (in Slovakia) soon.

Funnily enough, I just got a couple of (already-burned) 16x Intenso’s off my neighbour. Will scan and TRT them later and see what they’re like :slight_smile:

I agree, the Infomedia Phillips discs aren’t at all bad.

Why Ridata/Ritek as a “combined” option, but Traxdata as another option? :confused:

My opinion would be to take the “/Ritek” off the Ridata option. Here is why:

1. Unaware visitors could mix unbranded Ritek (which is advertised as simply “Ritek” at online shops) with the (possibly) recommended Ritek here, recommended through the Ridata brand that is.

2. Both brands (Traxdata and Ridata) are 100% legit Ritek’s own “premium” brands if I’m not mistaken?

Myself and Drage had a list made up, which we discussed between us minutes before the polls were posted, and we must have overlooked it, sorry…but to avoid confusion I’ve removed the /RiTEK as suggested. :wink:

After years of burning, Verbatim rules, especially with LG and Pioneer burners, but only at 8X.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2080800]Myself and Drage had a list made up, which we discussed between us minutes before the polls were posted, and we must have overlooked it, sorry…[/quote]Please stop being sorry! :flower:
There are always small things that need adjustements when preparing such stuff.
Always, a couple of details pass through, overlooked or unnoticed.
(Mommy-ish tone) Baaaad, baad details.
:bigsmile:

but to avoid confusion I’ve removed the /RiTEK as suggested. :wink:
Great. :cool:

Hi :slight_smile:
Taiyo Yuden/That’s(+).
Verbatim (+MIT).

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2080888]Please stop being sorry! :flower:
There are always small things that need adjustements when preparing such stuff.
Always, a couple of details pass through, overlooked or unnoticed.
(Mommy-ish tone) Baaaad, baad details.
:bigsmile: [/QUOTE]

Hehehe OK :flower:

Saying that, I’m more awake today than I was last night, so any further corrections, go ahead :slight_smile:

LOL, so far Verb/TY in the lead(s)…whodathunk :bigsmile:

MIT - Verbatim

and Taiyo Yuden.

All Azo/Verbatim. The Verbatim Colo(u)r Lightscribe 16x DVD+R being my all around favourite DVD media ever.

I omitted Tayio Yuden cause there are too many question marks over it’s 16x media, and the 8x stuff is almost impossible to find these days. For CDs though TY is probably the best.

I get a lot of off brand media. Sometime this is just to test but when shopping for blank media it is advised no matter of the brand to look on the labeling package and ensure it is made in Japan or Taiwan.

I don’t even tell people to just go out and buy better media like Verbs or TY’s as that alone now can’t be enough since verbs are being more commonly produced in Indonesia. So the best advise is look at the labeling.

TY all the way, especially That’s Ceramic Coat and the Gold ones.
Although i was not displeased the few times i went MCC.

Here in Greece we can still find 8x TY and in good prices.
http://www.diskimpex.gr/firstlook.htm
(VAT 19% not included)

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2082294]
I don’t even tell people to just go out and buy better media like Verbs or TY’s as that alone now can’t be enough since verbs are being more commonly produced in Indonesia. So the best advise is look at the labeling.[/QUOTE]

Indonesia? I haven’t seen any…India, maybe. And those are very good to excellent IMO, single-layer wise :slight_smile: - maybe we’re getting better ones here :bigsmile:

India-made Verbie DL would seem to be looking up too, but at the moment we only have scans and tests from one user for those :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2082294]I don’t even tell people to just go out and buy better media like Verbs or TY’s as that alone now can’t be enough since verbs are being more commonly produced in Indonesia. [/QUOTE]I guess you mean India. :wink: - and there is nothing wrong these days with Made in India SL Verbatim discs. Do you have actual experience about problematic MII Verbs bought during the last 10 months? I haven’t. :slight_smile:

no matter of the brand to look on the labeling package and ensure it is made in Japan or Taiwan.
:eek: There is a lot of crap coming out of Taiwan! Lower grade Ritek and lower grade CMC coming to my mind…

Votes for Maxell /TDK / Verbatim / Philips / That’s

I kinda figured it would be a blowout with Verbs and TY’s being the king of the hill. I would have made another vote for Maxell, but recently I’ve been unable to locate the Hitachi High Grades and the last spindle I bought was Cmag and was less than stellar…IMHO.

Oh well, i chose Maxell, Ricoh, TY & Verbatim from the list… though i still have some other great brands!!!

for years [B]Melody [/B](Optodisc & Gigastorage MIDs), [B]Cursor [/B](Gigastorage MID) and [B]Smart Buy[/B] (Prodisc MID) where my loyal companions! The first few Test DVDs i’ve burnt back in 2005 were Melody 8X DVD-Rs (GSC003)… and till the day they have some sweet sweet scans and they’re still playing like a rock :slight_smile:

Verbatim and Tayo Yuden for me. I’m was also quite happy with Samsung Pleomax when they still had Optodics MIDs.

[QUOTE=pepst;2080783]And I hope that TDKs made in UAE will be available here (in Slovakia) soon.[/QUOTE]

Am i missing something here!?:eek: I work in the UAE, and i haven’t seen ANY TDK media… EVER!!! so does that mean it’s made only for exporting?! the same goes for FTI media (Falcon Tech Industries)… strange!:eek: