CDFreaks' First look : Infiniti LightScribe CD-R

Infiniti LightScribe CD-R media.[ul]
[/ul]

Medea International were kind enough to send some of their latest LightScribe CD-R media for testing.
The Infiniti LightScribe media is manufactured by Moser Baer India, and is rated at 52x with an 80 minute writing capacity.

We tested the new Infiniti LightScribe media using two LightScribe capable DVD burners.

• Lite-On SHW-16H5S with firmware LS0W
• Samsung SE-W164L with firmware TS03

Let’s take a look at the media itself.

Now let’s take a look at the media ATIP information.

Now let’s burn the data side of the disc’s with our LightScribe capable burners.

Lite-On SHW-16H5S
The disc burned at 43x with a total writing time of 3 minutes

The Lite-On SOHR-5238S was used along with KProbe to scan our disc.

As we can see the disc burned with very good quality

Below we can see a scan of the label side of the disc. The result is very good.

Samsung SE-W164L

The disc burned at 40x with a total writing time of 3 minutes and 1 second

The Lite-On SOHR-5238S was used along with KProbe to scan our disc.

As we can see the disc burned with very good quality

Below we can see a scan of the label side of the disc. The result is very good.

To sum up.
The discs were written with very good quality on both the DVD burners used in the test.
The label side of the disc was also very capable of producing very good results.

Nice tests there, Dee, thanks :slight_smile: - I like Infiniti media anyway, and it’s good to see the LS discs live up to my expectations.

Now to pick up a nice LS-capable Litey (a Christmas present idea for myself, methinks). :slight_smile:

Yes, good little review Dee. BTW how long does it take to ‘print’ the label on these discs? I seem to remember better density of image could be obtained on LightScribe discs by printing twice; was that the case with these?

These were created using 1 pass on the label side using the normal setting. Printing time was 18 minutes.
A 2nd pass would have indeed resulted in even better results.

OK thanks… :).

Hi :slight_smile:
Dee :clap: .
BTW with Extended Label Contrast Utility, you’ll get better results without the need for a seccond run. Times will be longer of course. How much depends on content of label. I find a second run while enhancing the contrast, leads to a everso slight blurring of edges of some images.

Very nice Dee. Thanks for the tests!