CDFreaks' "first look" at the Pioneer DVR-110D with 8x DL writing

vbimport

Yes, there are some few.

HM.

Reading over at www.svp.co.uk… Very much media is noted as NOT RECOMMENDED for the 110D, anyone have any ideas why?

Typical of Pioneer. It’s not new that Japanese drive companies care only about Japanese media while Taiwanese drive companies care about both Japanese and Taiwanese media. BenQ and Lite-On have always supported the most types of CD and DVD media. A similar but worse example is LG and Samsung of South Korea don’t test some media if they can’t find them inside South Korea (talked to both myself.) Philips moved their optical business to Taiwan right next to where BenQ is for such reasons and LG and Samsung spend much time in central Tokyo to develop their drives because that’s where all the development and licensing happen.

Regardless of that, Pioneer 110 seems to do well. Any rumor of DVR-A11/-111? :bigsmile:

I guess you are referring to the media with CMC MIDs, and for example this will happen when trying to write to media containing the MID – CMC MAG. AE1 :

Yes, I’ve heard that the strategy for CMCMAGAE1 was severely broken…
Looks like you have confirmed it…

It looks like that DVD+R DL media with RICOHJPN D00 MID is also no go:

I bought this drive last week, and I was wondering if any region-free & anti-Macrovision/speedlock firmware for it is out there already…? I checked the usual places, such as Dangerous Brothers, etc., but they had nothing yet.

Both the Pioneer 109 and Pioneer 110 have no region free firmware yet.

The last review for the 109 showed it had riplock, limiting reading of DVD-Video to a max of 5X.

The quick review of the 110 shows a higher read speed. SL starting at 6X and peaking at 16X. DL starting just below 6X and peaking at 12X. Can someone confirm that the 110 doesn’t have riplock?

The drive used in the First Look article was purchased from a retail location.
What other confirmation do you need?
There is no DVD Video riplock…

The retail version of the 109 didn’t have riplock either and could do up to 12x. Also, the OEM 109 can be flashed with retail firmware to remove the riplock and also get the quitedrive facility.

The review stated they got the drive in Germany before the official launch.

I’d like to hear from someone who has purchased the drive in the US.

I have the drive there is No riplock purchased it in canada :wink:

Dual Layer disc

Think My disc was a lil dirty but single layer

Thanks morisato. I expected the same results as the review, but its nice to be sure.

Mmmh… I read comments writing “110” as well as “110D” (which is the subject of this thread, I got this part ;)), but weren’t the 110 and the 110D supposed to be two totally different drives actually?? :confused:

EDIT: OK forget it, looks like my sources were misguiding… :bigsmile:

Not sure if I am supposed to be posting my own DVR-110D scans, but I figured I would give it a go. Just let me know if this is a no-no in this thread.

TDK Printable DVD-R 8x, burned at 8x - not very impressive, but it’s OK considering it’s the first firmware:

Here’s another one with a MXL RG03 burned at 8x - the 110D allows upto 12x w/this media.
These discs seem to consistently produce 95% QS, regardless of the burner (Lite-On, DW1640 or DVR-109/110D).

Does anybody know if there is an aluminium version aka XL planned ?

FujiFilm 8x YudenT02 burned at 8x - not very impressed, but it could just be the media since Fuji TY’s aren’t exactly the best.

You mean the honeycomb design or just a different colour?
Have only seen announcements for the 110 (and A10) as beige and black models so far.