CDFreaks changes its name to MyCE

As you can read in the announcement CDFreaks will change its name to "MyCE’.

Read the full article here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f20/announcement-cdfreaks-changes-its-name-myce.html

Feel free to add your comments below. Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Starting today, we will also run a poll to see which set of logo’s you like best. You can place your vote here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=6pQZHWouFrgHcc2Bo_2bOq_2bQ_3d_3d

This vote will run for two weeks and will close 19 August 14:00 GMT+1 Amsterdam European time.

What did you choose??

Is this “Talk” or a “Bug Report”? :bigsmile:

Just kidding! :flower:

I guess I’m just old school, this site was, is and always will be CD FREAKS… some things just aren’t meant to change. And honestly, don’t care for ANY of the new logo packs, sorry…

[QUOTE=LoboBrother;2416276]I guess I’m just old school, this site was, is and always will be CD FREAKS… some things just aren’t meant to change. And honestly, don’t care for ANY of the new logo packs, sorry…[/QUOTE]Your not alone :rolleyes:

Ha there has been a few talks over the name change and it has been mentioned to have a section to have threads with the section title cdfreaks. Not sure if this is still going to happen now or not. It is for those that want to keep the cdfreaks name alive :slight_smile:

Keep the name as CD FREAKS!!

I was against it as well at first in fact i hated the thought of it.
But after the reasons were given why it needed to change and how it would help cdfreaks move forward i have now changed my mind…

ps i voted for set 4

MyCE? What kind of name is that? Why not “TechFreaks” or something like that? At least it wouldn’t be that big of name change and would fit what you do now.

Don’t get me wrong; I am NOT against supporting new content, reviews or discussions here on new relevant technology in fact I welcome it! But CD FREAKS has always been my “home” for these reviews, news, articles, etc… It’s nice to be able to come home… :wink:

All that comes to my mind is to remind me of WinCE…

[QUOTE=rogman49;2416304]Keep the name as CD FREAKS!![/QUOTE]

Sorry this isn’t happening if you only knew how many stated this already many months back.

[QUOTE=LoboBrother;2416308]Don’t get me wrong; I am NOT against supporting new content, reviews or discussions here on new relevant technology in fact I welcome it! But CD FREAKS has always been my “home” for these reviews, news, articles, etc… It’s nice to be able to come home… ;-)[/QUOTE]

It still will be.

When I see MyCE, I think of a cheap rip off of My spaCE. A very, on the bandwagon type of name (unattractive from my perspective). It does stand out better than some common nondescript name, but says really nothing to me about anything it represents… other than, maybe it is another one of those meeting sites like My Space or facebook.

I read the announcment and reasons for the choice etc… some good reasons for change, certainly… old brands get left behind, and yes the site is evolving into more than cd’s, I also understand time is short and you need to move with it, or get left behind… I dunno, I just wonder if a better name could have been found… I am not against change… the name just does not " do it " for me I guess…

Interesting Logos, I like the way the 3 and 4 look like the eye of Ra, and give you pictorial images of what the site is about… The name leaves me cold, no direction to guide me to it… the logo has more going for it in that sense …

But all in all, I doubt the wealth of information and reviews will change, nor will the great quality of people in the site change either. That is, after all, the whole point of this site from my side of things :cool:

For years to come, I will still be welcoming new people with “Welcome to CD Freaks!” out of habit. But I’m sure everything will be ironed out over time. :iagree:

Why MyCE ? How do you pronounce that ? MICE ?

It sounds like the juvenile pre-fix in Windows - ‘My Documents’ etc… (luckily banished from Vista / 7).

I don’t see the point changing.

Has to be the stupidest idea to come along in a long time.

[QUOTE=Albert;2416347]For years to come, I will still be welcoming new people with “Welcome to CD Freaks!” out of habit. But I’m sure everything will be ironed out over time. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

You can always say “welcome to the forum”…that’s what I’ve taken to saying recently in anticipation of the name change :slight_smile:

But I do see your point, old habits etc etc…

MyCE is [B]NOT[/B] home…

If I had know this change was proposed and coming, I would have been much more vocal much sooner… I agree with the comment about the cheap imitation of My spaCE (not that I’m against MySpace); but Lord help us all if that is the intention to turn CD Freaks into something along the lines of that site or to try and imitate it in ANY way, shape or form…

i know the change is happening and im sure in time i will embrase the change and move on like it never happened. but for now…

its not all in your name. your name will not make the site, the site has to make the name.

wal-mart does not sell walls

best buy does not have the best buys

after dawn is open during night hours

video help well i guess this is a good one

newegg doesnt even sell eggs at all

tiger direct dosent ship tigers directly to your home

yahoo is not a crude or brutish person

google is misspelled, its googel

rapidshare there is nothing rapid about it

amazon is not a women warrior

and so on… forever

All i want from this site is info about optical disks and units so the actual name fits it. Stop changing stuff / “evolve” . Better is the enemy of good.

Yes, and Coca Cola tried to stay “hip” and keep “with the times” when they introduced “New Coke”…

Embracing new ideas and technology, does not necessarily mean “messing with a formula that just works” or even require changing of a name.

“Newegg” may not sell eggs, but it is a name that I have come to know and trust over the years as a place to purchase computer related components and electronics at incredible prices. Just as “CD Freaks” has been my home for information, reviews, help and general news regarding these same items…

I will continue to be a member of and come to this site just as I always have since finding it regardless of the name as long as it provides the same information, features and benefits to me! But “My Consumer Electronics” what’s next, articles on automated coffee makers and those LG refrigerators that have built-in internet access capabilities??? :wink: