CDex need help converting files

vbimport

I usually use the iTunes converter to convert my mp3’s but recently I have started using LAME on CDex. The problem is that everytime I convert the mp3 file it deletes all my information (such as Album picture, Album name, artist, etc.) except for my Track name. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I’m willing to change programs if thats what it takes. I just want it to be capable with the LAME encoder

I use: LAME 3.97
CDex 1.70 beta 2

Are you converting mp3 to mp3? I wouldn’t do that as you’ll only lose more quality.

Yes I actually am converting mp3 to mp3…So, then what should I do to get a higher quality from an mp3 and not delete the mp3’s info (track name, album artist, album artwork, etc.)

Only thing you can do is re-rip the CD to your HD with better settings and program

So, what would this setting be? *Basically what I’m asking is for a way so that I can convert the mp3’s using LAME without deleting the ID3 Tag (Artist name, etc.)

Mp3 is a “lossy” compression format and as such each time you use it, you will literally “throw away” and lose information (and therefor also quality). The only way to get a “better” mp3 is to start over from the original CD or WAV file, using the desired encoding settings.

As for your actual question, did you enable ID3-[B]V2[/B] in the “File Tag options” of CDex?

yea, still deletes most of my info. Can you tell me specific settings?

Also if i wanted actual quality what should I do? Normalize + Encode?

[quote=yoshiz2103;2032562]yea, still deletes most of my info. Can you tell me specific settings?

Also if i wanted actual quality what should I do? Normalize + Encode?[/quote]
You should heed the advice of the other posts. If your file is already an MP3 you really won’t make it any better by re-encoding it. Leave it alone and the tags will be ok.

Hy guys,
I should try Tunebite, I use it for about 9 months and it converts the files good and it doesn’t lose in quality and it keeps the ID3 tags. You can see it here