CDex Help

Hi:
I downloaded Cdex and when I open it I get “failed to load the wnaspi32.dll driver use the “Native NT SCSI Library” option instead?”
Now I believe I downloaded that file into my Downloads folder when I got CDspeed, but I didn’t know what to do with it? Now this is a brand new HP a1630n, 64x2 Dualcore, with Windows XP Media Center, Have the standard Sonic install. Had trouble with Roxio EMC 8, so I uninstalled it. I’ve downloaded Ripit4me, DVDshrink, DVD Decrypter, ImgBurn, and Fixvts. I think I have Muvee 5.0 (It came with machine). What should I do? Oh drive is a HL-DT-ST-DVDRRW-GSA-H20L. CDspeed doesn’t seem to work right either?
Thanks,
DS

For CDex, just click Yes to “use the Native NT…”, it should work. For CDSpeed, download wnaspi32.dll from Nero and put it in the same directory as cdspeed.exe.
Good luck!

Thank you for the response Cressida: Does cdspeed even have a directory? I downloaded it, unzipped it then put it on my desktop. I don’t see any folders under program files. Now I also have Lame 3.97 and Cdex is using an older version of the Lame encoder, can I replace the older .dll file with the new version? Will it work or make a difference?
DS

Right-click on your desktop and select New -> Folder. Call it “Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.0.0” or whatever suits you. Then cut & paste cdspeed.exe into this folder and do the same with wnaspi32.dll (which you’ve downloaded from Nero’s website). Now cut & paste the folder into My Documents or Program Files, as you prefer, and finish by right-clicking cdspeed.exe and selecting Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut), from where ever you put it.

Yes, you can overwrite CDex’ lame with any newer version you prefer, you’ll see the change under Settings. Some people still swear by 3.90.3. You can read up on lame at hydrogenaudio and rarewares.

Enjoy!