CDDB TOC compatibility

Hi,

I am about to rip a few hundred records to cd and would like to know if anyone has any ideas as to how i can make the albums compatible with CDDB. I know that they use the TOC of the cd as the unique identifier rather than a cd id or something, so is there anyway to make sure that the TOC on the cd that I Burn from the ripped record is the same for the original cd. Obviously i would have to be able to verify the track lengths are equal, but is there anything else i would need to do, or is it just not worth the effort.

The purpose of this is to then put the ripped cds into a 400 disc changer attached to a slink-e which would then automaticall lookup the CDDB info for me and update the disc changer, rather than manually entering the data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question, i couldn’t decide between this and the audio forum.

Thanks,
Kain

Usually CDDB asks not to catalog custom/home made discs. You can create a personal DB in your PC using Winamp or any other program that you can make a playlist and mp3 tags with.

But nothing special to do for the CDDB, all you need to do is submit. It may happen that other CDs will match yours (this is common), it’s kinda a waste to do all this for CDs only you will have and will take countless hours filling out ALL that info.

You’ll need to use a submit app, they are available from CDDB.