CD2 and Magnolia, confused

Hi there,
just tested the release-version of CloneDVD2 with “Magnolia” RC2 (“special version” i think, cause the dvd comes with the mag “Widescreen” here in germany).
First, the transcoding process took about 65 minutes (usually I have to wait from 5 to 25 minutes).
Second, the output size of the transcoded movie (its 3 hours long and CloneDVD Quality-O-Meter said something about 61%) is 3.82GB and not the 4.36GB I´m getting almost every time when I transcode a DVD9-movie.

Any hints?

Jarod

Hi,

These observations are quite unusual for the expected behaviour of CloneDVD.
Do you also observe increased processing times (without burning) when you
repeat earlier backups with CloneDVD2?
Also, could you please try this backup again (without burning) and send the log
(right klick on the log window to save the log) to bugs@elby.ch.

Thank you.

I also noticed that there is no more chance to “change the frequency” while transcoding in the snapshot-window?
Right now I am doing “Magnolia” again, CloneDVD2 says the remaining time will be approx. 77 minutes.
Will send the log after it is finished.

Jarod

The 2nd try with “Magnolia” was a no-go, Clone didn´t manage to finish the job.
I´ll give it another try tomorrow.
Right now I´m testing on “Global Heresy” RC2 German, the movie doesn´t need a transcode, but Clone states “16 minutes remaining” - come on, with the last Preview-Version this kind of “simple copying” took about 5-10 minutes.
What´s wrong here?

Jarod

Sorry, but Clone2 will always stop responding at 94% while transcoding “Magnolia” so I cant´t make a right click in the log-window.
At this moment, it takes also a lot of memory (taskmanager says 271.192k at the moment and it rises up and up, at this moment it is about 294.200k and so it goes).
This movie is the only one which give me a hard time.

Jarod

Originally posted by Jarod666
[B]Sorry, but Clone2 will always stop responding at 94% while transcoding “Magnolia” so I cant´t make a right click in the log-window.
At this moment, it takes also a lot of memory (taskmanager says 271.192k at the moment and it rises up and up, at this moment it is about 294.200k and so it goes).
This movie is the only one which give me a hard time.

Jarod [/B]

Hi,

in case CloneDVD2 is not finishing a backup something is really going wrong.
Are all other backups (to hdd) completing or do they also fail?

As far as I remember all other backups to HDD and/or directly to DVD didn´t make any problems.
Oh, one exception: the 2nd disc from “Findet Nemo” RC2/German had similar problems, but I tried it just once.

Jarod

Originally posted by Jarod666
[B]As far as I remember all other backups to HDD and/or directly to DVD didn´t make any problems.
Oh, one exception: the 2nd disc from “Findet Nemo” RC2/German had similar problems, but I tried it just once.

Jarod [/B]

Hi Jarod,

I tried Magnolia (the 2 disc Kinowelt version). I can’t reproduce your problem, sorry…

Like I said, it´s a “special version” I think, because the disc comes with the german mag “Widescreen”, and it´s a one-disc-only-version.
The first try with this dvd was finished by CloneDVD2, but it took nearly 90 minutes to transcode and the output-size was 3.82GB, all other tests with it stopped at 94% with CloneDVD not responding and eating ram like hell.

Jarod

Originally posted by Jarod666
[B]Like I said, it´s a “special version” I think, because the disc comes with the german mag “Widescreen”, and it´s a one-disc-only-version.
The first try with this dvd was finished by CloneDVD2, but it took nearly 90 minutes to transcode and the output-size was 3.82GB, all other tests with it stopped at 94% with CloneDVD not responding and eating ram like hell.

Jarod [/B]

I believe we’ve found the problem. This Disc has a CSS mastering error similar to the german “Once upon a time in Mexico”.
You need to use AnyDVD 3.6.1.1 or better to copy it with CloneDVD. Don’t use DVD Decrypter, it probably won’t do it either.

Yes, with Any3611 I was able to finish the movie in ~19 minutes AND the output-size was 4.36GB, perfect. :slight_smile:
You guys are doin´ a great job, thx.

Jarod

Originally posted by Jarod666
[B]Yes, with Any3611 I was able to finish the movie in ~19 minutes AND the output-size was 4.36GB, perfect. :slight_smile:
You guys are doin´ a great job, thx.

Jarod [/B]

You’re welcome! Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
I’ve added this title in the “Once upon a time in Mexico” thread in the AnyDVD forum.