CD Writer problem (yamaha 8424)

I’m running on a windows 98SE and I have a yamaha 8424 and i tried to write a rewritable CD with nero, it burned successfully, but when i read it, the cd was empty, i tried other software like the adaptec’s but it has the same problem, could it be my writer has a problem? i tried to let my friend write on that same CD, it turned out to be ok… please help, what should i do?

What program did you write it with. If you tried to write it with CDRWIN with a pirated code then that is exactly what would happen. The cd would write but the TOC is incorrect, let me know

Originally posted by linkx17
i tried to write a rewritable CD with nero, it burned successfully, but when i read it, the cd was empty

Originally posted by ctwiner
What program did you write it with.
:smiley: Reading is a skill :slight_smile:

Which Nero Burning Rom version are you using? It could be a bug or something like that. But if you’re using the same version as your friend then maybe it’s a problem with your CD-Writer. Please give us some more info!

Missed that one Sorry!!!:frowning:

my Nero’s version is 5.0.3.1 and Adaptec Easy CD Creator’s version is 4.01. I tried both programs but it had same problems. I’ve used these programs before and it worked well until the other day.

:frowning: guess i have to call a technician… :frowning: sob