Cd writer 9100?

vbimport

Should i buy it? can it do overburning?

HP sucks. Don’t buy it. It can’t do overburning, nor is it supported by CloneCD. I think it’s best to buy a Plextor or a Yamaha.

WHY DO PEOPLE REPLY TO THESE QUESTIONS WHEN THEY ARE SO STUPID AND DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWERS? I HAVE AN HP 9110 AND IT WORKS GREAT WITH CLONE CD. I HAD A TEAC BEFORE THIS ONE AND RETURNED IT. NOW THAT ONE SUCKS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. SO GO BUY THE HP 9100(SAME DRIVE AS 9110) AND GET A MEMOREX CD ROM DRIVE(I HAVE A CD-402e 40X). THEY ARE CHEAP AND READ THE COPYRIGHT THAT THE HP WONT.

[This message has been edited by DRKEVORK (edited 03 March 2000).]

well… oki but can it do overburning???

It can’t do overburning. HP claims they will never support this, but thats not such a big deal; the HP 9100i fully supports 80 min. cd’s. So you CAN write more than 650Mb. If you need overburning and you have no use for rewriting, get a Plextor 820Ti (8/20). If you need overburning and rewriting, get a Plextor 4220Ti. Both are fully supported by CloneCD, AND BOTH CAN READ AND WRITE BAD SECTORS! So you don’t need a new CD-ROM for reading Bad sectors.

Greetingz Scorpion

I’ve got a 9110. I think it’s great, but just one thing, I’ve had serious problems trying to write 80min Arita’s at 8x, I had do write them at 4x, but that is not really the drives’ fault.