CD with photos unable to copy

Have some photos that are on a disk that I think is protected or been created by photodex. Its is an autorun with an exe with the JPG’s embedded in the exe. After 10 views you can no longer read the photo’s (assume something gets put in the registry) but also I think there is a form of protection that looks at the media ID batch number so you cannot make a back up to send to friends. If you open the CD in a hex editor you can see the hex for the Jpegs.

Has anyone come across this know a way to back up the disk and stop it looking for the media serial and also a way to strip the Jpegs out the exe.

Cheers

Just a thought:

Download Slysoft’s CloneCD. There is a 21 day trial so you have nothing to loose. An obvious solution would be to contact the person who created the disc.

Clone cd copies it no problem but the exe is running a routine to check the media id. Obviously you could go out and get the same type of disc but I think there is a batch id probably in the 10000 of a run that need removing/emulating.

This is something photographers sometimes do in order to protect their work…

I may be wrong but looking for a way to get around a serial number is just like asking for a crack. Not legal to discuss on this forum.

Has anyone come across this know a way to back up the disk and stop it looking for the media serial and also a way to strip the Jpegs out the exe.