CD with password

I have a Commercial CD that allows me limited access to the files,but requires a code in order to unlock the designs. Is there anything out there that will break or over come this issue?

Buy the code?

Shooting in the dark here.

I recently took my desk top into bestbuy they ssaid there were issues and had to back up all my info on disk. It spread accross 14 cds. I am using roxio retrieve and about half way through retrieving my info it ask for a password for an encrypted disc.

Has anyone come across the same problem? if so can you offer some help here cause i am stuck.

Ugh, that’s horrible.

They should have offered a better solution then backing up your data to multiple cd’s, perhaps to a new hard drive or a USB flash drive, even dvd’s would have been better.

That doesn’t really help you after the fact tho, I think the only recourse would be to get the password from the goof who encrypted the data in the first place.

I hope I’m wrong about that, I sympathize with your situation.

[QUOTE=markersss554;2289716]I am using roxio retrieve and about half way through retrieving my info it ask for a password for an encrypted disc.[/QUOTE]

I have encountered this problem with zip archives spread over multiple disks and it was down to a corrupted file/disk. You could try recovering the data from the disk that causes the problem using IsoBuster (or similar) and then burning a new disk. It is highly unlikely that a single disk in the middle of a 14 disk archive would be encrypted, when the others are not.

Welcome to CDFreaks; as a quick aside, it’s generally a good idea to start a new thread for your individual problems, rather than adding to a thread which, though similar, is about an entirely different problem.

Sláinte

midders

[QUOTE=jred192;2289692]I have a [B]Commercial CD[/B] that allows me limited access to the files,but requires a code in order to unlock the designs. Is there anything out there that will break or over come this issue?[/QUOTE]

Buy it, honest and only advice you can get here!!!