CD vs DVD

Hello:

I am new to this site, and I am not sure if I have the right forum. If not, please advise.

My question is: “Can I use a DVD disc to record CD audio? I have a CD/DVD burner.”

At present, I am using Audacity to record lectures. Each session is about 90-120 minutes each. I then convert the Audacity format to MP3 to burn to CDs. Because each CD is capable of recording only 75-80 minutes of data, thus requiring me to burn two CDs, can I burn the lengthy MP3 compilation to a single 120 minute DVD disc?

Thank you for your help and feedback.

If keeping as MP3, yes you can burn the MP3 compilation on a DVD disc, just burn a DATA disc…Question is, will your standalone CD/DVD player support playback of mp3s on DVD disc?..

[QUOTE=Jeff2009;2296330]Because each CD is capable of recording only 75-80 minutes of data, thus requiring me to burn two CDs[/QUOTE]

It looks like your mp3 is being converted to CD Audio when you burn it; if you keep it in mp3 format and write it to a CD in data format it should fit easily (you can store 5-6 albums of high quality mp3 music on a single CD). Use ImgBurn for burning; it’s free and excellent.

Sláinte

midders

Thanks to everyone for the responses to my dilemma. I will try each of these recommendations. Thanks, again!