CD tray problem

vbimport

Hi there !
I just got myself a new burner: Lite-On LTR-52246S. It appears to be running fine, but… . There is one small thing that concerns me - the way that CD tray is openning. On the beginning it slides out quickly, but it slows down the closer it gets to the end. It looks like tray openning motor has problems moving it, although tray by itself appears to be moving ok. When it moves back into the drive it works fine. It’s the first time I’ve seen that kind of situation in any drive I had a chance to use. Is that normal for that model of drive or not ?
Maybe someone had the same kind of observation.
Thanks…:confused:

This can be a symptom of a power supply that’s too small. Try swapping the power cables around so there’s nothing else on the same cable. Mine were much slower with a smaller PS, now that I have a BIG PS, they snap open like a toaster! :bigsmile:

I’ve tried it in different PC - same thing, thanks anyway

You may want to download Nero CD Speed and run the Load / Eject test from http://www.cdspeed2000.com/

The CD tray behavior that you described appears to be normal. There are two types of CD trays eject mechanism that I’m aware of, “belt” driven or “gear” driven. Lite-On drives use gear driven. Gear usually last longer than belt.

i just tried opening/closing my drive a few times, and i guess it slows down slightly near the end of the opening too, so it should be normal, unless urs is slowing down massively.

OK. Got it… . Here are the numbers:
CD Speed Load/Eject test returns values from: 1.70 to slightly over 2.00 sec. for openning and about 1.57 sec for closing.
How does it look like ?

Originally posted by tomaszb
Hi there !
I just got myself a new burner: Lite-On LTR-52246S. It appears to be running fine, but… . There is one small thing that concerns me - the way that CD tray is openning. On the beginning it slides out quickly, but it slows down the closer it gets to the end. It looks like tray openning motor has problems moving it, although tray by itself appears to be moving ok. When it moves back into the drive it works fine. It’s the first time I’ve seen that kind of situation in any drive I had a chance to use. Is that normal for that model of drive or not ?
Maybe someone had the same kind of observation.
Thanks…:confused:

liteys have that problem (its not exactly a problem though).

I have had 3 liteys. Two of them behave the way you mentioned. But, the third one is fine i.e. normal.

Nothing to do with PS. Don’t worry about than m8.:slight_smile:

Maybe I will give it a try for a while then… .
Thank you :bow: