CD to wav/MP3 ripper able to record limited amount of music

vbimport

Hi
Newbie here so be gentle!

Been trying to find a piece of software able to rip only the first 90 seconds of each track from a CD. I work with a music store - we’ve got 1000’s of CDs that we want to rip short soundclips from but the time it takes to manually edit each track would mean we’d be done by about 2020!

I’m trying to find some ripping software that only rips the first 90 seconds…does this exist!!? Apart from a demo version of something (forget the name now) that does the first 60s seconds before registration I can’t find anything that allows the user to define the amount of each track to be ripped.

Any advice, please forward!
Thanks

CDEx allows partial extraction, but I just looked and you might have to do it on a track by track basis.

[quote=newman1862;2055990]Hi
Newbie here so be gentle!

Been trying to find a piece of software able to rip only the first 90 seconds of each track from a CD. I work with a music store - we’ve got 1000’s of CDs that we want to rip short soundclips from but the time it takes to manually edit each track would mean we’d be done by about 2020!

I’m trying to find some ripping software that only rips the first 90 seconds…does this exist!!? Apart from a demo version of something (forget the name now) that does the first 60s seconds before registration I can’t find anything that allows the user to define the amount of each track to be ripped.

Any advice, please forward!
Thanks[/quote]

1. Download Foobar 2000 (Free program) http://www.foobar2000.org/

2. Download the Lame mp3 encoder and extract files to foobar folder
    http://www.rarewares.org/dancer/dancer.php?f=lame-current

3. Open tracks in Foobar 2000

4. Either select an individual track or select all tracks

5. Right click on selected tracks

6. Select convert and then generate preview

7. Select whatever format to save in like mp3

8. In same window, goto bottom, click on down arrow and select “Fixed Track Length”

9. With the slider bar to right, select preview length ( 0 - 60 seconds)

10. Click ok

11. Tell Foobar where Lame.exe is by browsing to the Lame folder in Foobar folder.

12. Your done!

Note: You could do this in any format but some formats require an external encoder like Lame. Finding the encoders are relatively simple by doing a simple google search.

Foobar 2000 can play several music formats through the use of components. Components are easy to install. Just extract the component to the Foobar\component folder. Components can be found at the link above or here http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components

Thanks for the advice folks, much appreciated though having a play around with the foobar kit it doesn’t seem to be the thing unfortunately…it rips 60 seconds of each track fine, but joins it as a single wav (when ripping from CD…unless I’m being super dumb!)

I know it sounds lazy and I could chop up the albums into segments but we’ve got tons of them and I’m looking to bulk the workload as much as poss. But thanks again for the advice - that foobar looks good and has it’s uses in other ways.

thanks