CD-to-mp3 ripping problem

I’m having some problem ripping mp3s from CDs in XP.

I have installed the latest Adaptec ASPI drivers but most ripping programs still can’t detec the cd-drives. Windows Media Player tells me “parameter incorrect” when trying to rip mp3, although ripping wma is ok.

I’m running an XP 1800+, an obscure 48x drive and an Aopen 40x20x10 CDRW. Neither drive can rip mp3s at the moment.

Any ideas?

well, by standard Micro$oft MP 8/9 can’t rip an audio track in wav format, but only in WMA.

well, if you’ve installed Nero and it recognize your CD-RW drive goto:

menu file-> CD-RWdrive->save track-> select yours audio track-> output format wav (or mp3/ pro) -> click ‘go’

and your job is done.

good luck!

byez

Originally posted by Farge RMX
[B]

well, if you’ve installed Nero and it recognize your CD-RW drive goto:

menu file-> CD-RWdrive->save track-> select yours audio track-> output format wav (or mp3/ pro) -> click ‘go’ [/B]

I am not seeing these options with Nero. Can anyone explain these steps again?

And it is possible to encode mp3 with WMP with a plugin, I have done it before but for some reason can’t at the moment.

Originally posted by shunx
I am not seeing these options with Nero. Can anyone explain these steps again?

You cannot find these options? :confused: These options are in Nero classic (Nero express is different).

When you open Nero you see a menubar on top of your screen, in this menubar are the following options: File, Edit, View, Cd-Recorder, Extras, Windows, Help. Click ‘Cd-Recorder’ to see its menu, in it are: Choose recorder, Cd-info, Save track, View track, Erase cd-rewritable, Eject cd. Click ‘Save tracks’.

This should help you, I can’t make it anymore explicit…