CD to DVDR backup possible?

Hello CDfreaks.

I was recently trying to backup multiple CD’s to a DVDR on Sonic Record Now in “DATA” mode, which is the only option that allows me to burn files to a 4.7GB DVDR.

After the burn is complete, and I attempt to playback the files, the computer runs very slow and freezes up on me, so I restart and try again but still the same story.

I am able to acces and playback the files, but it goes all slow on me.

I dont know where I am going wrong?

Is it possible to at all to burn a CD to a DVDR for playback on computer?

Generally, yes you should have no problems backing up a cd to a dvd using the appropriate software.

Do you use the DVD recorder drive to play back the DVD-R? Does it exhibit the same behaviour with other dvd media you use with it? What kind of files are in the cd that you’re trying to back up to?

Hello Hemispasm, Thanks for your help.

“Do you use the DVD recorder drive to play back the DVD-R?”

Yes.

“Does it exhibit the same behaviour with other dvd media you use with it?”

No…, Well I dont have any trouble backing up DVD movies and little bits of files and folders thats backed for when reinstalling Windows…

“What kind of files are in the cd that you’re trying to back up to”

Wav files from a CD ripped with Wavelab 3.0.
Since I dont have internet at home for CDDB access, I rename the files indivdually one by one…, Could this have an effect on the outcome? Or could it be because Im trying to back up Audio Wav’s in Data mode? (Data mode is the only option for 4.7GB)…

Kind Regards, Sleep

Renaming the files shouldnt have anything to do with it. Although i am not familiar with Sonic Record Now, i cant see any problems arising from the mode the .wav files are written on the DVD either.

Have you tried recording anything else on the specific blank media you used for writing the wav files? Since it just takes too long to recognise the disc , it could be just a bad burn/media problem. Maybe trying writing on different media plus a firmware upgrade might help.

Hello Hemispasm :slight_smile: sorry for the late reply.

“it could be just a bad burn/media problem. Maybe trying writing on different media plus a firmware upgrade might help.”

Your right, it was a bad media problem, proudly brought to you by…,

“PRINCO”

“The Name You Can Never Trust”

I tried burning the Wav’s in data mode with a CDRW, had no problems.

Ritek works flawless as well…

Cheers Hemispasm, Thanks for your help. :wink: