CD text?

Is there anyway to make BlindWrite write the CD text on the disk? Or is there an option I am not seeing?

This is the only feature I dont see that I really like. The one reason I loved EZ-CD Creator. My car supports CD text and its really cool to have the names up there in lights :wink:

chef423

Are you talking about copying a cd with cd-text on it or are you talking about compiling a new audio cd from mp3 files or whatever?

If the former and you’ve got a reader/writer combo that can read and write raw dao96, yes. (Settings: Read - nibble mode with subs. Write - Dao pw)

If the latter, no.

Originally posted by philamber
[B]Are you talking about copying a cd with cd-text on it or are you talking about compiling a new audio cd from mp3 files or whatever?

If the former and you’ve got a reader/writer combo that can read and write raw dao96, yes. (Settings: Read - nibble mode with subs. Write - Dao pw)

If the latter, no. [/B]

I am talking about burning a CD-R with my fav music (from my list of .mp3’s) and having the text show up on my player, so yes, I want Cd text on my CD-R’s, if possible.

So just write in Doa pw mode?? And the text will show up?

chef423

Originally posted by chef423
So just write in Doa pw mode?? And the text will show up?

No, he’s saying that using DAO-PW mode will allow you to copy CD-Text from an existing audio CD assuming you have a writer capable of both reading and writing CD-Text, but you cannot have Blindwrite just make CD-Text for music files, which is what you want.

Originally posted by BadReligionPR
[B]

No, he’s saying that using DAO-PW mode will allow you to copy CD-Text from an existing audio CD assuming you have a writer capable of both reading and writing CD-Text, but you cannot have Blindwrite just make CD-Text for music files, which is what you want. [/B]

So if I extract the music from a brand new CD and burn it on a new CD-R, it will copy the track names (yes, my burner supports CD text)??? If I just make a compilation from my own .mp3’s, that are already named, it wont write the text on my CD-R??? :frowning:

How stupid!

chef423

So if I extract the music from a brand new CD and burn it on a new CD-R, it will copy the track names (yes, my burner supports CD text)??? If I just make a compilation from my own .mp3’s, that are already named, it wont write the text on my CD-R???

What he’s saying is that if you dump an entire image of an original music CD, then burn the image using BW, it will copy everything that existed on the original, text and all.

If you start with MP3s or WAVs, you will get just music – BW by itself doesn’t have the capability to write text to the CD. Do you have Nero? That will do exactly what you want.