CD-Text Player?

vbimport

Hi!

I would like to ask if anyone knows a cd player which reads CD-Text (displaying track info as it is being played) running in Windows XP ? :confused:

I have a Plextor UltraPlex 40 reader and a Plextor Writer 4/2/20.

I have tried Plextools but it interferes with my CD Burning Software (NTI CD-Maker 2000 Pro v5.1.17). I have tried several cd-burning software to have one which is reliable. But all the other had the same problem: It stoped burning during Lead-in Writing, destroying many CD's. With NTI burner, i never have that problem. Always working great. :slight_smile:

I have tried the Plextor CD-Text Player but the results are:

• If i use wnaspi32.dll from adaptec v 4.60 or the new 4.71, the software doesn't display the reader, thus, it doesn't work.

• If i use wnaspi32.dll from Nero, the software works... 50%. The drives are displayed, the CD-Text info is displayed, but... the track have wrong track durations - exemple: a 4:00 track is displayed as 19:00 !!!! - When i play a CD it plays but it won't play the whole CD. The seconds run much faster than it should. So, in my case this player doesn't work.
    Curiosly Audiograbber also displays these much larger track durations. :a

Thanks in advance for any help. :bow: :smiley:

NeroMediaPlayer works ok here under Windows XP. But I don’t think you can download it from the internet. It came bundled with the Nero Burning Rom 5.5 disc (perhaps you have it?). I’ve also got another player but it’s far less advanced but it does display CD-text properly. It’s called ‘Digital CD Player for Windows’ (not very original I know) and you can download it here.

You could use EAC for displaying your CD-Text (and for playback also, of course).

Hi! :slight_smile:

I used Digital Cd Player and it does read CD-Text. But the disc time is wrong again. :confused:
Look at this file as you cans see…

http://193.126.96.145/dt/teste/DigitalCDPlayer-1.jpg

This CD reads a full lenght of 307:17 !!! :rolleyes:

I also downloaded and installed EAC.
The first time i run the aplication it did not detect any drive!
After reading some stuff, i installed VOB aspi layer. Rebooted.
Now EAC does recognize my Plextor and the tracks. It does not howerver detect CD-text info and… the track times are crazy as usual. Take a look at this printscreen:

http://193.126.96.145/dt/teste/EAC-1.jpg

Any advice on what i should do ? :confused:

Thanks in advance! :bow:

Sérgio

This is really strange!
Have you ever tried to change the SCSI Interface in EAC?
Press F9 and then goto “Interface”.
There you can change to “Native Win32 Interface …”.

Maybe this helps and you don’t need the ASPI Layer.

How do you get EAC to display CD-Text of a CD?

Thanx :wink:

Just select your drive, you wanna use and press F10.
Then goto “Offset/Speed”. Besides the drive’s offset, you can select “CD-Text Read capable drive”.
That’s all ;).

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
NeroMediaPlayer works ok here under Windows XP. But I don’t think you can download it from the internet. It came bundled with the Nero Burning Rom 5.5 disc (perhaps you have it?). I’ve also got another player but it’s far less advanced but it does display CD-text properly. It’s called ‘Digital CD Player for Windows’ (not very original I know) and you can download it here.

I can’t find any information about NeroMediaPlayer on Internet, is this the same player included by NeroMix?

Originally posted by PeterS
[B]

I can’t find any information about NeroMediaPlayer on Internet, is this the same player included by NeroMix? [/B]

G@M3FR3@K do you know if the NeroMediaPlayer is the same as included by NeroMix. Have you any information about NeroMediaPlayer?

Originally posted by little-endian
Just select your drive, you wanna use and press F10.
Then goto “Offset/Speed”. Besides the drive’s offset, you can select “CD-Text Read capable drive”.
That’s all ;).

Thanks VERY much mate :cool:

You saved me alot of time typing… :bigsmile:

Hi! :slight_smile:

Finaly i was able do solve the problem i was having with my Plextor Drives and the strange track times displayed in several programs i used to play Audio CD’s. :a
The problem was that someone :eek: must have opened the boxes of the Plextor drives :confused: (both had the same problem!!) before i bought them, and has put the BLOCK jumper behind the drive ON! As i read the manual, is should only be ON if i use UNIX systems. That was the cause of the problem. Now that i have removed the jumper, everything works as it should! :bigsmile:

Sérgio