CD text not written

I have been playing around a bit with Alcohol (latest version) and have come across the following: If I burn an audio cd from a cue sheet, the track titles etc. will not be written. Can anyone confirm this?

(I used the raw mode.)

Did you use Raw DAO 96? AFAIK you need that to use CD-TEXT.

No, not really, because I wasn’t offered this. Just DAO RAW.

about the most important thing regarding writing cd-text is your hardware. your burner must support it otherwise it’s a no-go no matter what software or mode you use.

Originally posted by netman
about the most important thing regarding writing cd-text is your hardware. your burner must support it otherwise it’s a no-go no matter what software or mode you use.

Thanks for your reply. The drive is a PlexWriter Premium :bigsmile: – so it should work.

And if you’re really affilliated with Alcohol – here is another one :stuck_out_tongue: : After the installation of Alcohol the PlexTools Pro don’t work properly any more. The write speed test crashes and blocks the drive, the FE/TE test does not start any more.

i agree, your writer most certainly should write cd-text. sorry i can’t tell you anything else because i never mess with it.

as far as plextools, it may not work because alcohol enables ‘ignore media type’ by default when it is installed. this will cause programs not to be able to read the atip. you can go to ‘options, emulation’ and uncheck this feature.

good luck! :cool:

I’ll give it a try. Thanks again for the reply.

That was weird. I first disabled the feature, but nothing changed even after a reboot. The I decided to uninstall and re-install the programme again – and voila – it works. Weird indeed. I don’t even have to disable the fake SCSI drivers used by CloneCD and Alc … :bow: