CD-Text & 99min needed

vbimport

I’m looking for a DVD/CD burner that burns CD-Text as well as 99min CD-Rs, or at least 95. These items rarely get reviewed so I’m having difficulties finding ones that will. Any ideas?

BenQ 1650/1655 or a real Plextor would probably do it if you can find one.

@ abbadon,

The suggestions provided by Forum Member Bob support both OverBurning and CD Text.

You will also need a Burning software program that supports OverBurning and CD Text.

Regards,
bjkg

thanks I’ll take a look at those. When you say a “real” plextor I’m guessing you’re say not one made by someelse with a plextor lable slapped on it, so any suggestions on how to tell, maybe by model nomenclature? I haven’t bought a plextor in over 5 years since encountering 2 back to back DOA’s and my last two BenQ’s died after less than 6 months.

@ abbadon,

I believe the below Forum posting will provide some information on a “Real” Plextor ->

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2040174-post5.html

Regards,
bjkg

All my 3 currently installed drives support burning 100min CD-Rs and CD-Text:
Pioneer DVR-112D
LiteOn DH-20A4P
BenQ DW1650

:slight_smile:

Your DVR-115 should do fine, too!

Thanks I try it. That would be a welcome irony!

@Womi: I check Nero InfoTool and the Pioneer 115DBK says it read but does not write CD-TEXT. Am I misunderstanding something?

No idea, Nero lets me write CD-Text to AudioCDs without any problems.

I never checked for it though, but it doesnt show any errors.

[QUOTE=abbadon;2043465]@Womi: I check Nero InfoTool and the Pioneer 115DBK says it read but does not write CD-TEXT. Am I misunderstanding something?[/QUOTE]

Nero infotool is messed :):):):slight_smile: my 215D@L writes cd-text, so the 115should also write cd text, but if you are uncertain about it, why don’t you burn a cd;).