CD Speed and the "Damaged" status

vbimport

In CD Speed what exactly does it mean when a block lights up as "Damaged" I've had several CDR's that are Green on every block except 1 and that one is yellow which stands for "Damaged" Yet I've been able to use the CD to install the items on it. Does "Damaged" only affect you when there's alot of them or what's the deal?

means there is a bad sector

Originally posted by Cyn
In CD Speed what exactly does it mean when a block lights up as “Damaged” I’ve had several CDR’s that are Green on every block except 1 and that one is yellow which stands for “Damaged” Yet I’ve been able to use the CD to install the items on it. Does “Damaged” only affect you when there’s alot of them or what’s the deal?

Damnaged means the system can error correct it at the speed at which it was read when the error was found; if red, the data cannot be corrected and you will get a Windows File System or Device Not Attached error.

You want all green beacuse in time (scratches, internal deterioration) your disk will sustain damage and you will end up with damaged sectors. If you already had damaged sectoirs, there is a chance that the disk will become unreadable then.