Cd-rw

vbimport

I have decided to buy a CD-RW but am not sure what one to get. Could anyone please help me in telling me what they think is a good CD-RW? I would probably use it to back up games that I have bought and store data on. I also might use it for audio ripping. Any ideas?

So you want to use it for everything. Well, first of all, search a bit on the forum, this question has been asked a million times. (They should do something about this)
I have a plextor and am very happy with it. It’s very good for audio, but has some problems with protected data cds (wich problems? look around in the plextor forum). Also Lite-On is good, especially for protected data cds. But you also have Asus and some other good writers. There are plenty of options. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by dansmug
(They should do something about this)
I’m getting tired of this question also. Maybe a sticky “suggested burners” thread which will get updated everynow and then might be a good idea - especially since nobody seems to know what that damn search button is for :frowning:

Now where should we post such a sticky thread though … Burning Software Forum aint the best place i think (or maybe i should post it there?) I think the newbie or hardware forum might be more appropriate.

Originally posted by Hemispasm
[B]I’m getting tired of this question also. Maybe a sticky “suggested burners” thread which will get updated everynow and then might be a good idea - especially since nobody seems to know what that damn search button is for :frowning:

Now where should we post such a sticky thread though … Burning Software Forum aint the best place i think (or maybe i should post it there?) I think the newbie or hardware forum might be more appropriate. [/B]

That was my idea too :slight_smile: Some sort of buying guide. Maybe an idea for an item om the mainpage. That way they could also link to the reviews. Was going to mention it in the chat, but now Domi can read it here :slight_smile:

Maybe you ought to start a “Newbie Forum” so that people just starting out can have a place to go to ask the simplist of questions no matter how many times its been answered. People that probably just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to post a question.

Originally posted by Heartburned
Maybe you ought to start a “Newbie Forum” so that people just starting out can have a place to go to ask the simplist of questions no matter how many times its been answered. People that probably just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to post a question.

Have you even looked in wich forum you are posting :confused:

Hard to believe. Went right over your head huh ?