OK, here goes.
- I installed Alcohol120% - everything was great.
- I installed gamesxcopy - everything went wrong (never install both at the smae time)
- I uninstalled gamesxcopy.
- I had a strange virtual drive appear.
- I disabled virtual drives in alcohol 120%
I now find that my CD-RW drive cannot read CDs (the disk spins twice but it cannot read any information. Also’ none of my programs can read any information.
- Virtual drives have fooled the computer into thinking my real cd-rw drive is a virtual drive (it is on D: ???).
- I have heard talk of reinstalling ASPI??? More info please.
- Could this be a strange registry alteration? Maybe I need to delete registry entries?
If you have had this problem please let me know how you get on.
DO NOT reply with anything regarding System Restore, Uninstalling/reinstalling cdrw drivers as it does not work.
“I would rather destroy my computer that reinstall it again…and again…and again…and again…!!!”
I am sure this problem is something simple…but what?