CD_RW from Lead data

vbimport

I have got a problem with following BRAND of CD_RW's Lead Data, my writer (HP7100i) won't
Format it with adapatec direct cd and also not with cdrwin 3.6

What can I do about it????

Hey BeBoP!

I bought 3 of those things last week, and two of them were shafted. Check the underside of the CD-RW you’re trying to burn to: If it’s BLUE-ISH then it’s shafted; if it’s SILVER-ISH then it’s okay.

Don’t know what’s happening (are they forgetting the phase-change dye?) but my burner won’t even recognise the BLUE-ISH ones!

Good Luck!

HeLLHouND

P.S. I also bought a shed-load of Lead Data 80-min CDRs, but these are all fine.

Thanx fot the advice men …

Try doing a complete erase using something like NERO before you throw them away. This has saved some of my discs.
Good luck.

I bought some of them as well and none of them worked, i am starting to get an extensive collection of coasters.
I bought a bunch of 80min disc as well(LEAD), only one of them worked, and i usually never have any probs with my burner.

Navigare necesse est, Vivere non est necesse

There are Lead data CDRW for 4x writing, maybe they don’t work on 2x speed writers.
Try them on a 4x writer.
I burn with a Yamaha 4416 and a 6416, both work 100% with Lead data. I burn with CDRwin.

First of all , thank you everybody for responding to me question.

I discovered a way to use the Lead-data cd-rw’s, a friend has got a plextor with winoncd 3.6 and it works great with it…