CD-RW for Audio

vbimport

I am having a very difficult time finding Compact Disc Digital Audio Recordable CD’s. I have the Sony CD recorder RCD-W500C/W100. I recently purchased TDK RW’s, they will record and finalize but will not play in any other player. Can you help me find the a retailer that sells what I am looking for?

Audio CD-RWs will give you the same trouble, as they are essentially the same thing, if your player can’t play general purpose RWs then it won’t play in other players that don’t support it!

How old is your player?

The book says 2003 Sony Corporation. I bought it new at least 4 year ago. I don’t understand why the TDK’s won’t work but the Sony CD-RW do work. Sony must not make them anymore because I can’t find them. On the back of he book in the Specifications section it says the type of recordable disc’s to be used should be CD-R, CD-RW(for audio). I also read this article.

http://www.osta.org/technology/cdqa8.htm

Can consumer compact disc audio recorders write to any CD-R or CD-RW media or are special discs required?
Even though general purpose CD-R and CD-RW discs and their consumer audio versions appear for all practical purposes identical, only blank media bearing the “Compact Disc Digital Audio Recordable” (CD-DA Recordable) and “Compact Disc Digital Audio Rewritable” (CD-DA Rewritable) logos can be written in consumer audio recorders. The reason for this restriction is to comply with international copyright agreements. A special Disc Application Code present in the ATIP information of a CD-DA Recordable/Rewritable disc’s pregroove wobble identifies it specifically for audio use. Consumer audio recorders are programmed to reject discs not containing the correct code. By adopting this safeguard various countries and other authorizing jurisdictions may selectively apply copyright levies to the price of blank discs intended for consumer audio use while exempting those destined for computer or professional applications.