Cd-rw firmware help

vbimport

i was upgrading my cd-rw drive’s firmware, when my computer crashed. now bios, nor windows will detect the drive. is there anything I can do?

What brand & model CD-RW drive is it? What firmware was on it before, and what version were you flashing with?

it’s a benq 4012P

the firmware version is labeled “V.xW” and i’m not sure what it was before hand, you can read it http://benq.com/drivers/storage_drivers.html under the cd-rw firmware section if it’s of any help. and thanks.

I don’t think that there is a way to recover the drive… :rolleyes:

does the firmware software allow the use of a port number like the lg firmware?
meaning you need to type a number whereas it states where the drive is connected as in 1 for primary master or 2 as in primary slave and so on?

if so you can try to reflash the drive with that option

it happened to me when i tried to flash my 8320 to 8400 and the floppy had bad sectors and it failed to upgrade it

i rebooted and reflashed the drive and it worked
even tho the bios nor windows would detect it any longer

or even just try reflashing the drive
see if it will actually work this time

Originally posted by CryptKeeper
[B]does the firmware software allow the use of a port number like the lg firmware?
meaning you need to type a number whereas it states where the drive is connected as in 1 for primary master or 2 as in primary slave and so on?

if so you can try to reflash the drive with that option

it happened to me when i tried to flash my 8320 to 8400 and the floppy had bad sectors and it failed to upgrade it

i rebooted and reflashed the drive and it worked
even tho the bios nor windows would detect it any longer

or even just try reflashing the drive
see if it will actually work this time [/B]

how do i flash it?

my aim screenname is ‘taco’ and my ICQ UIN is 61952962 if you can contact me there

how did you upgrade it the last time?

me thinks you’re not understanding the word “flash” :slight_smile:

also, what did you type when you tried to upgrade the cd-rw?

Don’t get your hopes up talkingapple… You guys don’t have the same drives and I doubt that the program that he used (mtkflash I think) will work on your Acer/Benq drive.

Originally posted by dhc014
Don’t get your hopes up talkingapple…

that’s true
but worth a shot
cuz mine was dead in the water too cuz of the floppy having a bad sector on it and the firmware program crashing cuz it couldnt finish the upgrade

Originally posted by dhc014

You guys don’t have the same drives and I doubt that the program that he used (mtkflash I think) will work on your Acer/Benq drive.

true again, drives arent same

tho didnt use mtkflash…used original firmware program for the lg 8320…“je3.exe”

tho still say its worth a shot to try

I was able to read out the firmware on my 4824P with mtkflash. If someone else who has this drive can extract their firmware with mtkflash, you could try flashing the drive with mtkflash or mtkwinflash. It’s certainly worth a try…