CD-RW burning troubles (Random crashes) (Lite-On LH-20A1L)

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On LH-20A1L. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hey, the other night I tried to burn an audio CD with iTunes onto a Memorex x4 CD-RW

It checked the playlist and everything was fine until it actually started burning the cd. Nothing happened. It just stayed on the “Burning: (insert song name here)” part and made no progress. After about 5 minutes I finally ended up canceling the burn and took the CD out. After this my computer crashed.

I was in a hurry at the time so I didn’t realize that it had frozen up. When I got home that night and tried to restart it, it crashed every time after about 5 or less minutes. The time span changed every time.

It seemed like if I put ANY stress on my CPU it froze up (Mostly games like WoW or Counter-Strike but sometimes not even that much). I have a Lite-On DVD burner LH-20A1L

My thought on the matter is that somehow some infinite loop is being generated and that’s what is making my computer freeze. I uninstalled iTunes to see if that would work with but it didn’t help at all.

The reason as to why I think it’s the CD-RW and iTunes is that I pretty much got the freezing problem out of my system the first time (I had no clue that this was the problem of course or I wouldn’t have tried it another time). The next day I tried burning another one in hopes that it would be more successful than my first attempt but this time it’s much worse.

The only thing I can think of is a reformat but I don’t want to without backing up all of my music and stuff and I really don’t want to try to burn a DVD because I don’t think that my computer wouldn’t crash in the time it would take.

I ran it in safe mode too, to try to figure out the problem too but I didn’t really get anywhere.

PLEASE HELP MEEE! :sad:

Also, I just signed up today and I’m sorry if this is post is in the wrong place. :o

Any suggestion is welcome if you can think of something!